Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
JohnC2
Samurai Level 1
(80)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Does Stash count as a "computer"?

I have the 3 computer /125gb plan and I have 2 computers in use.  Never did have more than 2 that I can remember.  This would allow me to add a 3rd computer, right?  My account showed "Desktop", "Laptop" and "Stash" in the list (names have been changed to protect the innocent).

"Laptop" died a week or two ago.  I built a new desktop to replace it, and this desktop has a different name; let's call it "Desktop2".  I got Windows and apps installed on "Desktop2" and then went to install Mozy.  Everything worked just fine and I don't recall the exact prompts, but basically it told me that I had used all the computers my plan allows (that would be 3), so I couldn't add it as a new computer, but I could replace "Laptop" if thats what I wanted to do.  I wanted to replace "Laptop" with "Desktop2" so thats what I did, and I will say everything was smooth as could be.  I got everything restored to the new desktop, my account shows "Desktop", "Desktop2", and "Stash" now and we're all good.

I'm just wondering if the system counts "Stash" as one of my computers allowed on the plan?

Ted_Haeger
(256)

Re: Does Stash count as a "computer"?

Stash is designed not to count as a backup computer. So if it does show that way on your account, I want to get it fixed.

--T

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
JohnC2
Samurai Level 1
(80)
Solution

OK, I grabbed a laptop that I use around the house but never needed to backup, so I never had Mozy installed on it.  I installed Mozy.  The screen shot attached shows the message I saw the otheer day.  "You have no unused machine licenses."   I went ahead and continued.  It let me add this 3rd machine to my plan and a backup workes and all seems fine.  So, maybe this message is out of place, or I'm somehow misunderstanding it's meaning.

Ted_Haeger
(256)

JohnC2:

Thank you very much for going the distance on this for us. Indeed, it sounds like you identified an erroneous message condition. We'll get a QA person to repro it on our end, and queue up a fix.

For that one, I'm looking into whether I can get you 10 GB bonus capacity.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
JohnC2
Samurai Level 1
(80)

You're welcome.  Not a problem.  Glad I could be of help.

kevind
Employee
(70)

JohnC2, this doesn't appear to be a Stash bug, but rather a bug related to a deleted computer on your account.  We're tracking this one as a separate issue right now.