Labels

Deletion Blocked

Any idea why attempts to delete a file in Stash on my PC are met with a request for Administrators approval? I also cant delete a file on my Stash folder on my Mozy home page as this suggests that alterations have not been enabled on the local PC. I am not even able to check the box next to a file on Mozy Stash

Ted_Haeger
(256)

Re: Deletion Blocked

michaelmoss:

I'm not sure how any file in your Stash would require Administrator's approval. Is this on a Windows computer, or a Mac?

The reason you cannot delete the file through the browser is not related to the local file's state. The Mozy site does not yet allow you to manage your Stash online. (It's coming, but not available yet.) You can instantly download files from your Stash, but selecting them for a restore is not supported.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
jeremys
Employee
(17)

michaelmoss wrote:

Any idea why attempts to delete a file in Stash on my PC are met with a request for Administrators approval? I also cant delete a file on my Stash folder on my Mozy home page as this suggests that alterations have not been enabled on the local PC. I am not even able to check the box next to a file on Mozy Stash

It sounds like the permissions on your Stash folder may be set incorrectly.  Stash doesn't control access to the folder itself (or set permissions on it; it inherits your user profile's permissions).  Any administrator prompt you're seeing is coming from Windows Explorer.

JohnC2
Samurai Level 1
(80)

michaelmoss wrote:

Did you configure your Stash folder to be someone other than te default?  Where is it located?

(Right-click Stash icon in tray (on Windows), select Preferences, select  Settings tag, the location will be displayed on that screen.)