Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Labels
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Forgotten Your Password?
Have you forgotten your password? Today's blog post walks you through how to reset it...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
faircot
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can't install Mozy Sync on PC

This is a new Mozy account and the backup from my PC is working fine.

However, I want to sync just one folder of files between my desktop and my laptop. I've installed Mozy Sync on the laptop OK and set up the sync folder but I'm getting the attached error when I try to access my account from Sync on my Dell desktop. I've  tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck.
Am I doing something wrong?

Running win7 64, no issues with security software or firewall.

ScottS1
(86)

Re: Can't install Mozy Sync on PC

@faircot

Thank you for letting us know. As far as Sync goes, it may be reliant on a few dependencies, one of which is a firewall and antivirus. Do you have antivirus on your current machine? Can you try:

- Disabling it temporarily

- Try using Sync again

- Locating any third-party firewall applications and allowing Sync through (Inbound and Outbound)

I see Sync is enabled on your account. There is likely one piece of software blocking your activity with our servers. If I may suggest adding Sync as an exclusion with antivirus as well (The folder and each extension):

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\horizon-api.dll

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\libeay32.dll

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\mozysync.exe

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\mozysyncshell.dll

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\ssleay32.dll

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\SyncRsc.dll

> C:\Program Files\Mozy Sync\zlib1.dll

Let us know what you find. If you are having trouble still, don't forget to collect the Sync log files by right-clicking the Sync icon and selecting Help > Collect log files. Please attach them here.

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

faircot
Warrior
(5)

Thanks Scott

I'm confused with this issue. Sync installs and runs fine on my laptop, the problem is with this Dell desktop (ironic, eh!). It stalls just after I've enterd my email address and P/W, returning the error message I posted in my previous post.

1. I'd already added Sync to my security progs as exclusions (Emsisoft AM and HMP Alert).

2. I can get a response from tracert mozy.client.com

3. I'd already disabled the Windows firewall (no other FW apps running)

Here are the logs. I hope they throw up something because Mozy is pretty much worthless to me unless you can find a solution to this.

Regards

JaredG
(654)

@faircot

Are both computers working on the same internet connection / network?

If you have a proxy running on your internet connection then your proxy settings need to be entered into box that where given the option to click on "proxy" so you can edit these settings.

Also make sure that exclusions are added as "program exclusions" and not "scan exclusion" because scan exclusion will only stop the security software from scanning Mozy and will continue to block Mozy (obviously only if it is currently blocking us) until the program exclusions are added.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
faircot
Warrior
(5)

I'm getting really frustrated with this issue. Sync on my  laptop works fine. Sync on my PC claims it can't connect to your server as I showed in my original post.

There is no proxy on the PC and the laptop is on the same connection. Today I have reset the winsock and generally troubleshooted the connection, traceroute to client.mozy.com works fine. I've spoken to my Internet provider here and they confirm there are no routing issues that could cause this oddity.

The problem lies within this PC I think. The connection's not being blocked by my security software or Windows firewall. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sync so many time I could do it with my eyes shut now!

The file structure of Mozy Sync is identical on both machines. The only thing I'd like to try if it's possible is to run a different version of Sync on the PC. Do you have a link to previous versions (PM me if you like).

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

HI @faircot,

It appears you currently have a case open with our technical support team regarding this. One of our L2s, Julus, emailed you today at 10:07 AM to explain the issue to you and your options. It appears it is a certificate issue. I recommend you continue working through that case and follow Julius' instructions there as well.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
faircot
Warrior
(5)

James did remote into my PC yesterday but couldn't resolve this frustrating issue. Julius subsequently emailed me wanting to remote my machine but not seeming to fully understand the problem.

I've subsequently discovered that if I run Mozy Sync as System Account using tweaking.com's Windows Repair program it works perfectly.

I recognise that this issue is probably peculiar to this one PC. I've sent the details to James and I hope he can suggest a permanent fix because whether or not I continue with Mozy depends on this.

I won't bother you with my problem any more here.Smiley Frustrated

angelag
Community Manager
(1191)

Hi @faircot,

I would definitely recommend replying and connecting with Julius via remote, he is a subject matter expert when it comes to Sync and he should be able to better assist you.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(654)
Solution

@faircot

You're not bothering us Smiley Tongue, were happy to help.  If you do any any other questions or comments please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support