Labels
Ted_Haeger
(256)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Access your Stash online!

You can access your Stash from anywhere by logging on at mozy.com.

After logging on, you'll see the Account page, and your Stash should be listed...

Click Access Files to launch the web access tool....

Use Browse or Search to find folders and files by name...

As covered in the recent MozyHome newsletter, you can download instantly...

newsletter_hero2.jpg

And there is some photo preview goodness here, too!

4-access_gallery.jpg

Happy Stashing!

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
wheels5894
Student
(2)

Re: Access your Stash online!

This is a really useful feature. I don't know how often I have wanted a file but forgot to put it on my netbook.

Incidentally, is this Stash effectively a replactment for the normal backup? In effect each file is backed up all the time.

Ted_Haeger
(256)

Hey, wheels:

Web Access is not limited to just Stash. It's a general feature of Mozy's service, and works for your backed up files as well as Stashed files. That's pertinent to your question, as we see Stash as a complement to normal backup rather than a replacement. You're correct that whereas backup runs on a scheduled basis, Stash effectively backs up each file immediately (at least, when Internet is available. But Stash requires you to put files in a specific location...backup doesn't.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
MarciaB
Student
(2)

Just spotted this thread - GREAT!  I can now use my Stash to store files that I need when I work or troubleshoot on different computers in our offices. I won't have to remember to bring a flash drive, worry about installing an app or anything. This is a great tool!

Ted_Haeger
(256)

MarciaB:

If you're happy, we're happy! Keep us posted on how things go for you in the beta.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Malcoholio
Warrior
(2)

Can we upload files to stash via the web portal? That would be an excellent feature that would allow us to add working 'stash files' from any web connected computer!
Ted_Haeger
(256)

Malcoholio:

Not yet. Fuller Stash support is being built for the Web Access portal, but it won't come about until Stash gets out of beta.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Owyn
Overlord Level 2
(645)

currently "Access Files" seems worse than "Restore Files", cuz you can't download more than one file at once, there are checkboxes but you can't use them, all that works is just "download now" button near a file

Ted_Haeger
(256)
Solution

Thanks, Owyn. We're planning a significant update to address that, coming in May.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management