Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dylan72
Warrior
(4)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Private Key not working in iPad

I thought since private key facility was added to Mozy mobile I might try it out. I downloaded the app, and can browse my files, but when I try to view them, I get a message that the private key is wrong.

I have entered my private key by copying text from an email. I have verified on my PC at home that this is the correct key. My key contains carriage returns and punctuation, and therefore I suspect the password box on the iPad is not accepting the text pasted into it correctly.

Any tips for getting my key into the App?

Dylan.

Ted_Haeger
(256)

Re: Private Key not working in iPad

Hey, Dylan:

I just noticed that this message has been sitting unanswered for a while. I'm the product manager for Mozy's mobile app, so I will make sure that we get you some help ASAP. Sorry for the delay.

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
HashemH
Employee
(245)

Dylan72 - We have tested this scenario very thoroughly in exactly this way, using eccentric characters. It is difficult to debug this without the actual key that you are using. You can provide your key or something similar and we will be happy to test it and let you know. If this option is feasible, let me know and I will create a support case for tracking purposes.

If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Term and conditions
http://mozy.com/terms

Latest Download
https://mozy.com/download/
Ted_Haeger
(256)

Hey, Dylan72:

Don't bother with providing us the key. We isolated the problem. It turns out that your notion about carriage returns causing this was spot on. Although the Android app can handle them just fine, our iOS app cannot.

We can fix it, but with the App Store approval process being what it is, I'll have a hard time convincing our developers to patch in the fix prior to our next release. That's a couple months away. Can you bear the wait?

--Ted

Ted Haeger
Mozy Product Management
Dylan72
Warrior
(4)

Thanks, glad to see it is a confirmed bug.

I have to deal with the Apple process here too, so I feel your pain.

No rush from my point of view, just let me know when it is fixed.

Dylan.

Mobilator3
Elite Level 1
(5)
Solution

Should be fixed in the 1.3 update that just went out, let us know.