Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Highlighted
nli
Assassin
(8)
Solved (Go to Solution)

uploading photos from Android

I got a new Android phone about a month ago (my previous phone was also an Android phone). When I try to upload a photo  to my Mozy Sync Mobile Uploads folder I consistently get an error message: "Mozy Sync is not set up for this account."   If I go to my computer and try again to upload from my phone I sometimes get the same error message, and sometimes I'm able to upload photos after trying for a while.  I don't know why it doesn't work sometimes and then starts working.  I didn't used to have this problem with my old phone.  It's very frustrating.  Can someone tell me what I need to do to set up Mozy Sync so it will accept photos from my phone?

JaredG
(454)
Solution

Re: uploading photos from Android

@nli

Thank you for posting your question in the community.

The reason you are not always able to use the mobile uploads option is because the new android phone operating systems have a feature that keep your phones "program memory" or ram memory clear unless you have an application open.  Unlike before on your previous android you would have to manually stop an open program in the application manager to actually close a program from memory instead of just clicking on the "X" at the top of the window to close it.

What this means is, because of the way the new android operating system handles programs you must have the Mozy app open when you attempt to share / upload to Mozy from your photo gallery.

Please let us know if this works for you and if you have any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(454)

@nli

Were you able to test the solution I provided in my last post?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
nli
Assassin
(8)

Hi, Jared,

Yes.  I turn on Mozy before I try to upload photos and it works.  Thanks so much for your assistance!

Best regards,

Naomi

ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

@nli - Please let us know if there are any additional questions we can help answer for you!

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps