Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Pwohlrab
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Text files (.txt, .doc, .pdf) do not display full-sized when viewed in the mobile app

Text files (.txt, .doc, .pdf) do not display full-sized when viewed in the mobile app. This says it all. For some reason it just started happening. I believe I was already at Version 1.7 and this wasn't an issue. Now it is. According to the Version 1.7 release notes it is a known issue. Any idea when it will be fixed? And the files do open in another external app.

IOS Version 1.7 release notes

dillon
Community Manager
(145)

Re: Text files (.txt, .doc, .pdf) do not display full-sized when viewed in the mobile app

Good question @Pwohlrab

Our developement team is working on getting this corrected and will be released in the next update for the Mozy Mobile App for iOS devices.  This affects the following file types: 

txt, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, csv, pptx, and pdf

We understand this is an inconvenenience. This does not inhibit the ability to download the file from your account. Downloading the file allows you to open the file in any application of your choice. 

Thanks,

Dillon
Mozy Senior Support Technician
Sync | Linux | Restore SME
Pamtrebets
Assassin
(3)

Re: Text files (.txt, .doc, .pdf) do not display full-sized when viewed in the mobile app

It is end of January 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. 

dillon
Community Manager
(145)

@Pamtrebets 

Can you verify which version of the Mozy iOS app you have on your device?  There have been some issues and testing should be complete soon. 

Thanks,

Dillon
Pamtrebets
Assassin
(3)

Version 1.70.201 Thanks.
Pamtrebets
Assassin
(3)

This issue is still not fixed. It's getting a bit ridiculous and I am researching other backup services. I can't read anything and it defeats the purpose of accessing the files if they are too small to read on my ipad.
Pwohlrab
Student
(0)

I have started using Dropbox. It still offers 2gb free and is just as easy as Mozy. You still have a shared folder like Mozy. Unfortunately for me I still need Mozy to keep a few items separate and this issue is a big problem.

Pamtrebets
Assassin
(3)

I use dropbox too but I also need mozy. This issue is really getting ridiculous after 5 months. Arrrgggghhhh.
dillon
Community Manager
(145)
Solution

Hello @Pamtrebets and @Pwohlrab,  

This issue should be created in the latest version of Mozy Mobile for iOS. 

Please let us know if you are still getting the same issues.

Thanks,

Dillon
Pamtrebets
Assassin
(3)

The issue is fixed! Thank you!