Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

The Latest from The Mozy Blog: What's new with Mozy?
A couple new updates have been released for the Windows and Mac clients as well as some new features in the latest Linux client. Check out our latest blogs for all the details!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!

Mozy app backs up over data when wifi only is selected

I've previously opened a ticket with Mozy support, and they sent me here.  According to them, when the 'wifi only' settings are enabled within the mozy app, this does not apply to manual sync's.  It only applies to automatic syncs.  So, even if you have your settings to 'wifi only', the mozy app will still consume your (expensive) 3g/4g data connection mercilessly, without warning or prompting that your upload is proceeding without using wifi.

I suggest that:

- the 'wifi only' setting be changed to apply to all transfers, including manual and automatic sync

OR

- differentiation between manual and auto sync via non-wifi be supplied

Marcr
(82)

Re: Mozy app backs up over data when wifi only is selected

@gabethematthews Thanks for the post, it looks like you have an open ticket with this issue on Android. From the case " t appears that certain Android phones that don't have the little menu button on the right that others do, typically what you click to have the option to go into Settings. So on your phone, you should be able to access settings if you press and hold the "recent" button (should be to the left of your home button) and it it should pop up the option to go into Settings there."

You can also reference the case # 01324123,  and looks like the agent has been awaiting a response from you so that we can troubleshoot this further.

Thanks,

Marc 

carlco
(159)

Re: Mozy app backs up over data when wifi only is selected

Hi there,

Were you able to get assistance with this?

Thank you,

Carl Cochran
Mozy L2 Support Engineer