Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
gjmurphy
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Mozy Android App Login Error

I am trying to login to and sync files on my wife's Android phone with our MozyHome account but am getting a password error trying to login to the Mozy app on her phone.  I have confirmed the ID and password are correct but am getting a message to enter a valid email address.  How do I fix this?

Julius
(154)

Re: Mozy Android App Login Error

@gjmurphy

I've confirmed that we do not have a known issue with Mozy login on Android App, I'm able to login successfully. Please double check your password and make sure you can login at www.mozy.com/login

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
gjmurphy
Student
(0)

I checked it a few times before posting, and I confirmed I have the right password by logging into my account to post.  It is definitely the right ID and password.  The only thing I can think of is it has to do with trying to login from my wife's phone.  My email account is not an account on her phone.  Could that be stopping me, or does that have nothing to do with it?

Julius
(154)

@gjmurphy

You do not need to have an account on her phone. All you need to be using is the email address on your MozyHome account. Try uninstalling the app and reinstall it.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
gjmurphy
Student
(0)

Yup, tried that, too.  Same results.  Any other ideas?

Julius
(154)

@gjmurphy

Do you have another phone that you can install the app on and try to login? Also, if you have capital letters in your password make sure you're using the correct key combinations on the phone keyboard to capitalize the password as needed.

Mozy Support Engineer
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(386)

@gjmurphy Any luck?

Zach M.
Community Manager
gjmurphy
Student
(0)

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pin my daughter down long enough to try it on her phone, yet.

Julius
(154)

@gjmurphy

No problem, we'll keep this issue open. Let's know how it goes. Thank you.

Mozy Support Engineer
gjmurphy
Student
(0)
Solution

I had my daughter install it and login and it worked without issue.  I noticed when she entered the ID, she did not use the capital letters I normally do when I login so I tried uninstalling, re-installing, and logging in with all lower case letters in the ID... and it worked.  I figured the ID (with some upper case letters) that I enter when I login to your web site, would have worked but now that I was able to login on my wife's phone, I guess I am all set.