Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Chat Support advises mobile mozy does not exist and never has existed?

Long time mozy user. I wanted to add my iphone to Mozy backups but Chat support says not only is mobile mozy not available, that it has NEVER been available.

So it is or is available? Was or was not?

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

AngelinaS
(222)
Solution

Re: Chat Support advises mobile mozy does not exist and never has existed?

@mozyuser7777  This link explains and answers your questions:  http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Can-I-back-up-my-iPhone-or-iPad

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(387)

@mozyuser7777 Just curious. Are you trying to backup your phone or just have access to the files from your phone? I am just wondering if the chat agent did a poor job at explaining how it works...

Zach M.
Community Manager
JaredG
(470)

@mozyuser7777

Did the link provided by Angelina answer all your questions?  Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
Tyler_W
(72)

@mozyuser7777 Just following up here to make sure all of your questions have been answered. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
AngelinaS
(222)

@mozyuser7777    Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(470)

@mozyuser7777

We feel that your question has been answered and the answer has now been marked as solved.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support

Thank you everyone for the replies. I apologize for not coming back until today. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. After I posted the question that night I searched more online and came to the conclusion that the mobile app is useless to me since I can't utilize it.

Here's why I called Mozy support initially: The app on my iphone would not sync - I was unable to check any file on my computer using the phone app. I had a second question but was told immediately that tech support for phone app has been discontinued and the guy wanted me off the phone since the reason for my call was moot.

And yes, @zachm that second question was about backing up actual iphone on the app. Smiley Happy When he picked up the call and I said I had a question about the Mozy app he stopped me right there. So he never did ever hear my question. He just knew I was calling about the phone app. 

I have used Mozy for a number of years but am changing the way I keep files backed up and get rid of Mozy. The customer service rep helped me make that decision because he was actually rude. 

Believe me, I appreciate that CS reps in any arena can have bad days. I was just really surprised that Mozy tech support/CS was so bad. When I began using Mozy service for PC yrs ago CS was extremely professional. I called in once in the beginning and got the exact help I needed and the rep was exceptional. I asked the rep who told me he couldn't help because Mozy no longer provides tech support for mobile if Mozy has changed hands since it's inception. Because this encounter was nothing that I would expect from Mozy.

Mozy has worked for me flawlessly all this time. But it's not the same company. Originally Mozy had a professional reputation and a strong, positive online presence. 

So I deleted the app already and in July will drop Mozy services. Again, thank you all for your time and efforts to help resolve the issue in my post. Kate