Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

BACK-UP FOR IPHONE 5

I am using Mozy for years and would like to back-up all my files from my Iphone 5. Please give a step-by-step procedure that I have been looking for 30 minutes and have not found it.

Regards,

0 Reps
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(67)

Re: BACK-UP FOR IPHONE 5

Good morning. The iPhone app isn't designed to be a backup app like installing on a Mac or a PC. Your best course of action is to backup the phone to your computer and then backup the files with the Mozy software on the computer. You can upload photos and video from your iphone manually but there isn't an automatic process. Would you like these directions or were you looking for directions on doing  a whole phone backup?

Zach M.
Community Manager
0 Reps

Would you please send me all the directions to make the back-up in my windows version lap top?

0 Reps
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(67)

I'll have to see if I can get a technician to assist. Just trying to help out today. But I'm not sure we can help with the backup onto the computer part. To do that you just plug into iTunes. Once you sync your files you just select them in the Mozy client. Have you used the client to select files before? Either via Backup Set or File System?

Zach M.
Community Manager
0 Reps
BretA
(162)
Solution

@ernestomontalvo

To manually upload files from your iPhone to your Mozy account, follow the steps outlined here: http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/documentation/upload-photo-to-sync-m

Like zachm mentioned, creating the backup of your iPhone is outside the scope of Mozy support, but it is created using iTunes. You can search online, or on Apple's support site, for directions on creating the backup of your phone.

Once you have created the backup file from your phone, you can refer to the directions in the following article to verify the file is selected for backup in Mozy. When the file has been selected, click OK then run a backup and your phone data will be included.

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Selecting-Files-to-Backup-Using-the-FileSystem-Tab

-BretA

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(67)

Thanks for coming to the rescue @BretA

Zach M.
Community Manager