Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
stoneskely
Elite Level 2

(38)

Duplicate

"Backup This File Now" Option On Windows Explorer Right-Click Menu

Selecting this option puts the file at the top of the backup queue for the next automatic backup session or starts backup immediately depending on options set in Mozy. Alternatively, two menu options "Move File To Top Of Backup Queue" and "Backup This File Immediately".

I often have a small number of often-changing files that would benefit from line-jumping the queue. 

Comments
mike
Community Manager

(2157)

That's a good idea. Thanks.

roger18273
Villager

(0)

This option should apply to folders as well. Especially when making the first backup, which can takes days or weeks, there are many files that are important, and many files that are much less important. Like my music collection, great if it is backed up, but it's not a really big problem if I loose it. My emails - I want those backed up daily, even when the music isn't finished for the first time.

So I would like to have the following backup priority options

1) Always immediately

2) Backup by ordering

1: Emails, documents should be updated first, every day (for me).This is most of the time only several megabytes, not hundreds of mb or even gb, so this is done in 10 or 20 minutes.

2: When these high priority files have been updated, the rest can be done, starting with the most important for me. This can take days or weeks, and I wouldn't like it if in the mean time my mail isn't updated daily.

I wholeheartedly agree to both ideas above.

Another idea is to use a Mozy sub-menu on the right-click menu so that you can easily add more than a few items to this list without clogging up the main list. (if I didn't describe that clearly, have a look at they way 7-zip does it)

I'd like to see a “Don't Backup” option in the right-click menu.

samsco
Assassin

(6)

I'd like to see a right click 'Remove from Backup' as well.

jeff_y
Assassin

(6)

I'd also like to see this (including the whole folder idea) on mac.

Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Duplicate

stretchr
Villager

(0)

Great idea - and I agree with dansmith65, a single menu item with a sub-menu of things you can do to a file with Mozy would be great.

Strickie
Villager

(0)

Two options

- Exclude from backup

- Backup now - Forces file to backed up next.

I'd like to see these features.

kj_216
Villager

(0)

Totally agree with these suggestions re: having right-click menu options with Mozy.