Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!

Being Discussed

cost and competition

something-blaze?

It seems this topic surfaces every year about this time.  I'm moving to a new computer and mozy setup and first backup are underway.  Mozy was a pioneer in online backup, but the field is filling in.  One TB for about the same money looks attractive.  I can't fit in the 50gb and I've had to remove a lot of files to get under the wire.

EMC, your retail customer base will melt away if you don't address this.  Storage is becoming cheaper and cheaper but Mozy isn't.  I'm up for renewal this summer and I'll look at the options real soon now.

You divert these questions to better features, easier to use, but that's not good enough.  It's always about the money.

It seems that EMC/Dell is far more interested in Institutional, business and Enterprise customers and I respect that.  Thanks for nine great years.

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

@wbradley - Thank you for your feedback. I will bring this up in our next meeting. 

For reference, please find the original post below:

competition

The core of the cost problem is the storage pods. Consider one petabyte. A Dell DM1000 is $826,000. An EMC NS-960 is $2,860,000. The competition is building one petabyte storage pods for $117,000. I'm just not interested in paying for this difference.