Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted. Let us know what you think!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
debruine
Cook

(2)

Implemented

When entering Passcode on app, keep Swype keyboard on number screen

I love your app. I have an iPhone. When I log into the app on my iPhone to access a document that I have stored on my pc, I am prompted fire my Passcode. I use the Swype keyboard. When the keyboard displays, it displays to the alphabetic screen. I switch to the number screen of the keyboard and enter the first character of my Passcode. The keyboard then changes back to the alphabetic screen so I have to switch it again. This makes accessing your app tedious. Please modify it so when the Passcode screen displays it defaults to the numeric screen off the Swype keyboard. Thank you

Comments
zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

@debruine Please let me know if I understand this right. The mozy app uses numeric passcode to log in so you want it to force numeric keyboard?

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

Status changed to: Need More Information

debruine
Cook

(2)

Yes, when i'm accessing the Mozy app on my iPhone, it defaults to the passcode screen which is a 4 digit numeric value.  Since you require a numeric value, it makes sense to force a numeric keyboard screen while entering the entire 4 digit code.  Currently when i launch Mozy, it defaults to the alphabetic keyboard page and returns to the alphabetic page after each value that i enter.  Because of that, i have to change the keyboard screen 4 times to log into Mozy.  Did i answer your question?

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

Ya. But it does force numeric. Seems that the swype app you are using is taking control of this process. I have been looking at similar cases and that appears to be how it is for other swype users. But by default Mozy prompts the numeric keypad. It's a paid app so I'm not downloading to test Smiley Happy Care to uninstall temporarily? You will find that it works as desired.

debruine
Cook

(2)

Ok, i was hoping that it wasn't caused by the Swype app, but if it works fine for other keyboards, then it must be an issue with Swype.  I will share my concern with them.  Thank you for forcing the numeric keypad for other keyboards.

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

You bet Smiley Happy I'm going to mark this as implemented since that's how it works. Let us know if we can be of any help in other ways.

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

Status changed to: Implemented