Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
dr1
Assassin

(16)

Being Discussed

Two-step log-on verification

Mozy would be much more secure with some type of two step logon verification such as an email being sent to the email address on file, or a text message sent before being to access Mozy on-line.

If I understood tech support correctly you have three attempts at entering a password before being logged out for 30 minutes. After the 30 minute timeout a hacker could guess three more times and keep going until the correct password is guessed.

To the best of my knowledge all of my on-line accounts have a two-step verification option including email, Amazon, Yahoo mail, gmail, banking, investing,etc.

I am glad Mozy offers the strong encription but what good is it if someone guesses your password and just copies all your files from the Mozy web-site?

I am hoping that you are able to offer two step verification in the near future as I have both  personal and business accounts with Mozy and this would help me feel better about my data. 

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@dr1 - Thank you for suggesting this option. It would certainly be a fantastic security addition. I will bring this up with our developers! 

angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

Agreed, really great option for those who want it. I have two-step verification set up on some of my secure accounts and I find it very comforting to know there's an extra safeguard in place.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

For reference, another Idea Exchange post with the same request:

Two Step Verification for On-Line Access

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Another for reference:

Two-Step Identification Procedure