Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
SL
Warrior

(8)

Duplicate

Two-Step Identification Procedure

I would strongly suggest a two-step identification procedure similar to google's procedure.

As of now, someone who gets access to my password (say, via keylogger or via insecure wifi) can gain access to my whole digital life. I find this rather scary.

Google procedures are here:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=1056283&topic=1056284

Over the long run, I plan to move all my senstive data to systems with two-step procedures. A plain password is not sufficient, as I learnt the hard way.

SL

Comments
Fryer

(640)

Thank you for the feedback.

You might look into custom encryption in the mean time. If they have your password, then can still get into the account, but if they try a restore if they don't have your encryption key phase (which should be different from your password) then it won't do them any good.

Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Duplicate

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

For reference, another Idea Exchange post with the same request:

Two Step Verification for On-Line Access