Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
rbcapric...

Assassin

(5)

Being Discussed

Remove files from backup

There is an easy way to add files to my Mozy backup. I just right click on the file in Explorer and select the option to add to Mozy backup.

However, there is no reverse option!

If I want to remove a file from the backup I have to go into Mozy settings and wait until it shows the backup files (takes quite some time when you have almost 70 GB backed up) and then deselect the file.

Maybe in a future update you can add a simple option to right click a file in Explorer and select an option to remove the file from Mozy backup?

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(628)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(628)

@rbcapricorn - Great idea! That would certainly make it easier to deselect a file from your backup. I will pass this on to our development team. Thanks for submitting an idea!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(628)

Status changed to: New Idea

angelag
Community Manager

(1240)

Oh yeah, I totally think this would be a very useful method of deselecting files without going into the settings. Thanks for the idea @rbcapricorn!

rbcapric...

Assassin

(5)

Anyone know why my description states that I am an "Assassin"? Smiley Mad

ShawnL
Community Manager

(628)

@rbcapricorn - This is part of our current ranking system as explained in the link below:

New to the Community

We are going to replace these rank names and default avatars in the near future with our community site redesign. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions and I will be happy to help. 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(628)

Status changed to: Being Discussed