Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...

Being Discussed

Point-in-time restore for Sync

I would like the ability to do point-in-time restores for all the files in a directory for Sync.

Say that cryptolocker struck and renamed all of the files in my Sync folder.  Instead of going one by one to the previous version of 2000 files, it would be great to say "show me the files from x hours ago" and restore them in one action.

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@kmatheson

Thank you for posting in the Idea Exchange! I will certainly bring this up to our development team for review. Great suggestion!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

To expound a bit:

Mozy backup already has the ability to specify a point-in-time to perform a restore from. However, it does not back up the sync folder, nor are you able to select the sync folder. This means to ensure I can perform recovery from ransomware or other major data loss of many files, I have to use another cloud storage service for syncing across computers, and Mozy strictly for backups of the folders. With the existence of Sync, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that two separate services should be needed;

Sync also allows me to use my own encryption key, which isn't an option for most other cloud storage services.  Adding this restore option would allow me to rely on Mozy as a complete data protection solution, something I have not found in any other vendor.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@kmatheson

Thank you for this detail as this is an excellent point, especially on the encryption portion. I will definitely forward this on to the developers. 

If you have any additional information, feel free to post it in this thread and I will pass on the information. 

Thank you for participating in our Idea Exchange/Mozy Community!