Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Community Feedback Contest Winners Announced!
The Winners from the Mozy Community Feedback Contest have been announced! Did you win? See who won a $50 Amazon Gift Card on the blog today...

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
jb233
Villager

(0)

Being Discussed

Need an email from Mozy when storage limit is hit

MozyHome is advertised on your website as "set it and forget it".  Which I did.  But months later I found out that Mozy had not been backing up our 4 computers for weeks.  It was because we had hit our storage limit.  In the Mac version of MozyHome, there is no way to get a notification when the storage limit is hit.  In fact, the Mac Notification Center keeps saying Mozy backed up.  Every day.  I only got suspicious because the number of files it claimed to have backed up was exactly the same.  Day after day.  One day, I got bored and looked online, and found we had hit our limit, and in fact Mozy had not backed up in weeks or months.  This is unacceptable.  This is not "set it and forget it".

So, I am suggesting that Mozy send an auto email to the account holder when the storage limit is hit, and perhaps, also when any of the computers have not backed up in XX days or weeks.  This is not hard.  We get them from our cell carriers.  You have our email address.  You know we hit the limit.  It's not asking a lot to tell us.

Thanks,

JB

Comments
PTNubs

(275)

@jb233

The Mozy Support team has already submitted a request for the alerts you noted.

We have yet to see them come to fruition, but the request has already been made.

PTNubs

(275)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(400)

For reference, here is another Idea Exchange post requesting the same information:

Home needs e-mail notices