Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted. Let us know what you think!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
jb233
Villager

(0)

Being Discussed

Need an email from Mozy when storage limit is hit

MozyHome is advertised on your website as "set it and forget it".  Which I did.  But months later I found out that Mozy had not been backing up our 4 computers for weeks.  It was because we had hit our storage limit.  In the Mac version of MozyHome, there is no way to get a notification when the storage limit is hit.  In fact, the Mac Notification Center keeps saying Mozy backed up.  Every day.  I only got suspicious because the number of files it claimed to have backed up was exactly the same.  Day after day.  One day, I got bored and looked online, and found we had hit our limit, and in fact Mozy had not backed up in weeks or months.  This is unacceptable.  This is not "set it and forget it".

So, I am suggesting that Mozy send an auto email to the account holder when the storage limit is hit, and perhaps, also when any of the computers have not backed up in XX days or weeks.  This is not hard.  We get them from our cell carriers.  You have our email address.  You know we hit the limit.  It's not asking a lot to tell us.

Thanks,

JB

Comments
PTNubs

(277)

@jb233

The Mozy Support team has already submitted a request for the alerts you noted.

We have yet to see them come to fruition, but the request has already been made.

PTNubs

(277)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

For reference, here is another Idea Exchange post requesting the same information:

Home needs e-mail notices