Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 and 2 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
janh
Community Manager

(175)

Declined

Local Backup without Remote Backup

From BMG's post ( http://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Local-Backup-without-Remote-Backup/td-p/13597 )

I use Mozy backup at home, and I love it.  I'd like to use it at work too, but I can't because company policy forbids storage of company data on exernal drives - not surprising of course.

Local Backup would solve that problem, I would be willing to buy a version of Mozy that ONLY does local backup to a network drive, because we have corporate storage that can be assigned network drive letters.

The question is - can Mozy as it is now do a local backup without doing a remote backup?  If not, would you consider releasing a version that ONLY backs up to a drive with a letter without doing a remote backup to Mozy storage?

Comments
goliva
Warrior

(4)

My boss just asked me to do this and I don't think it's possible right now with MozyPro.  Am I correct?

Can we get this changed in a future release so customers can have local backup only as an option?

Jamesde

(121)

janh wrote:

From BMG's post ( http://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Local-Backup-without-Remote-Backup/td-p/13597 )

I use Mozy backup at home, and I love it.  I'd like to use it at work too, but I can't because company policy forbids storage of company data on exernal drives - not surprising of course.

Local Backup would solve that problem, I would be willing to buy a version of Mozy that ONLY does local backup to a network drive, because we have corporate storage that can be assigned network drive letters.

The question is - can Mozy as it is now do a local backup without doing a remote backup?  If not, would you consider releasing a version that ONLY backs up to a drive with a letter without doing a remote backup to Mozy storage?

Currently, this is not an option available with Mozy.  We do have a NAS device service through Cisco that does something similar to this, but that is all as of right now.  Let me clarify though, the local backup fuction on the MozyPro client currently does not use any additional quota space on your account.  The amount you can backup locally is "mirrored" by what you are able to backup to the Mozy servers. 

James

tvle83
Villager

(0)

I would really like to see this type of feature. I have used mozy for a couple years and bought the year subscription at the flat rate. A feature like this would prevent me from moving to a competitor when my annual subscription runs out.

I would like to actually take this one step further and even have some files set for local backup and some for both. I know I could use another system for local backup, but it is easier to use an existing system to do multiple things rather than deal with two applications.

Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Declined