Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Invisibl...

Shogun Level 1

(160)

Implemented

Linux client, even without a UI or auto backup

Having a Linux client is desperatly needed. Even if it was just a command version with no UI, you have to do it all through terminal would be better than not having one at all. Even if you had to redo everything every time, and didn't do incremental backups at first. Get like a super alpha that basically just uploads the files selected to the datacenters.

Obviously getting a UI would be good, but not needed at first as most Linux users can operate fine in terminal.

Comments
Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Duplicate

fred64
Villager

(0)

I must agree a Linux version would be very nice.  I'm not so sure I like the idea of a command line only version.  I have a number of customers that use Linux at home -- Linux Mint seems the most popular.  I don't think they would be able to handle the command line. 

Is it safe to assume that if I subscribe to this thread, I'll hear about any developments?  Or, do I need to subscribe to the duplicates too?  the board does not seem able to group duplicate threads together, so I can't be sure I'm posting in the right place or that I found all the duplicates.

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

@Invisiblade @ujhgj @DavidJ @jonte @quickcel @Gryh @luisdelbar @JackGFuller @dpr @BigGuyWhoKills 

Are you guys still waiting for this to happen? Twitter has been blowing up with this tweet today: Windows? Mac? Linux? We've got you covered. EMC to add Linux backup to @mozy #dpcontinuum soch.us/a6XO-09syk #dpcontinuum

I don't have any more info at the moment but I just wanted to let you know the good news! That was a lot of mentions to add, but I thought this was the best way to tell you guys what information I do have.

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

@carlomarti @markusbaccus @Lechu @jjwinter @jako @mdrisser @LandoMartinTom @rcrath @thesent @cwk 

Are you guys still waiting for this to happen? Twitter has been blowing up with this tweet today: Windows? Mac? Linux? We've got you covered. EMC to add Linux backup to @mozy #dpcontinuum soch.us/a6XO-09syk #dpcontinuum

I don't have any more info at the moment but I just wanted to let you know the good news! That was a lot of mentions to add, but I thought this was the best way to tell you guys what information I do have.

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

@Walrii @Raffa @MaskedMarauder @leomburke @florian-weber @fred64 

dillon
Community Manager

(145)

Status changed to: In Progress

Check out our latest Community Contest: 

Mozy Linux Beta Contest

dillon
Community Manager

(145)

Status changed to: Implemented

Mozy Linux was released to MozyPro and MozyEnterprise customers on Sept. 24, 2014.