Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post.
chuckswe...

Warrior

(5)

Implemented

Have the restore work exactly the the backup - OMG this makes me mad!

The entire reason I have Mozy is for disaster recover (hard drive failure, malware attack, etc).  My strategy is this: I do periodic partition backups to an external drive, and only use mozy to backup data files.  If a hard drive fails, I can restore my local partition backup to a replacement drive, then use mozy update the few data files that are new or have changed since the partition backup.

I recently suffered exactly that scenario, and found the I've been completely wasting my time and money on mozy.  After restoring a backup to a new disc, I found there is no way to download only the more recent files from mozy.  My only option is to download ALL the files from ALL THREE COMPUTERS ON MY ACCOUNT!  LIke I have 5 weeks to wait for that...Even if I did, then what - I have to sort through them all and try to figure where each file goes?

Why not have a restore option where mozy looks through its files and compares them to the files on your PC, and restores only the ones that have changed?  In other words, exactly the opposite of what it does when it does a backup?

Think about it - there must be many people out there who are using it with the same expectation I am.  I KNOW that to be the case, because when I was searching for a solution, I found many instances of people MAKING THIS SAME SUGGESTION TO YOU, some of them years ago.  And yet, here I am, with a worthless product.  I am SO mad about this.  As soon as I find a replacement product - bye bye mozy.

0 Reps
Comments
username...

Master Level 1

(3044)

> I found there is no way to download only the more recent files from mozy. 

Correct.

> My only option is to download ALL the files from ALL THREE COMPUTERS ON MY ACCOUNT!

Wrong.

See my reply to your thread. http://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/ARRGG-recover-files-since-last-usb-backup-can-Mozy-eve...

dillon
Community Manager

(145)

Status changed to: Implemented

"Why not have a restore option where mozy looks through its files and compares them to the files on your PC, and restores only the ones that have changed?" - Is implemented into the Restore Manager.

During the restore process using the Restore Manager, it will look ahead to the directory it is restoring. If the file exists, it will mark it as already restored and move on to the next file. If the file is a different version though, it will perform a restore.