Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted. Let us know what you think!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
BradM
Elite Level 1

(24)

Being Discussed

FEATURE REQUEST: Selective restore of only files that have changed

There should be a way to restore only files that do not exist or files that are newer than what is on the existing disk.  At this time you can only restore all files with an overwrite or only files that do not exist by not using the overwrite command.

But if you have a disk from several days ago ad want to restore all changed files, you need also to be able to restore any file that has changed and that is newer on the backup than on the hard drive.

I have been using Mozy for many years and have many clients using it and have never realized the absence of this ability.

I feel this is a critical ability that can be a requirement in many situations.  It will allow for a much shorter restore and get the clients back to full functionality much sooner than having to restore an entire backup.

Thanks,

Brad Miller

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

@BradM - Great suggestion! I'm going to try and move this over to our Idea Exchange forum so we can get some visibility on it there. 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

Status changed to: Being Discussed

ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

@BradM - I've moved this idea over to our Idea Exchange forum so we can update the status and get this over to our development team. If you have any additional comments on this suggestion, feel free to put it in the comments below. 

Thanks again for this awesome suggestion! I really think this would be an excellent restore feature.