Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
MJones
Villager

(1)

Not Currently Planned

Export a selection list of all files being backed up for audit purposes

I was looking for a way to export a list of all files that are being backed up on a given machine.  I am an IT consultant, and have over 60 client machines that I manage from my administrator portal.  I would like to be able to export a selection list that shows all the files that are being backed up so that I can send it to my clients on a quarterly or yearly basis to make sure we are backing up everything they need, and so that I can add any files that we are missing.  

Comments
Fryer

(640)

Status changed to: Not Currently Planned
We sort of do this for large partners, as they can pull the config from the machine and see the folders selected that way, or the manifest directly. We also have another feature to be able to export the list from the client software, which would help as well.
BTSBacku...

Villager

(0)

What is the process to get the selection list from the config file? I have opened it up and found it human-unreadable. Thanks!

BTSBacku...

Villager

(0)

Here is what I have discovered...

The files under C:\Program Files\MozyPro\Data are SQLite database files.

You can download the SQLiteBrowser program (free, open source) from http://sqlitebrowser.org and use that program to open the files.

Also, an engineer with Mozy wrote to me on chat:

Exporting the list to a csv can be done from the Windows command line:

(1) Windows cmd method (preferred):

Open a command prompt and run the following command :

For MozyPro:

"C:\Program Files\MozyPro\mozyproutil.exe" /backedupfiles output.csv

For MozyHome:

"C:\Program Files\MozyHome\mozyutil.exe" /backedupfiles output.csv

Note: The file will saved at the location where the command was run, so please ensure that the user has navigated to the preferred directory.

username...

Master Level 1

(3044)

Let's see if this idea gets implemented now that it is being discussed again.

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Backup-Audit-export-report/idi-p/85932