Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
New from the Blog: Tour of your MozyHome Account
Join us for Part 1 and 2 in our series where we provide a detailed tour of the MozyHome account settings.

May's Webinar: How long does my data stay on Mozy servers?
This months webinar on 05/31 will look at the recent changes to the Mozy retention policies which gives users access to older versions of files for longer. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!

Being Discussed

Audit Logs

Since this tool is meant as an enterprise tool, it absolutely needs to keep an audit log of tasks done by administrators.

• Changes to policies
  • changes to configurations
  • deletion of backups
  • migrations of computers
  • restore requests
  • backup exports

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments
JaredG

(451)

@funwfreddy

Mozy doesn't have this feature directly but you can use an API to access our admin console which allows admins to make all of the changes in the API as if they were logged into our website.  In this situation commands are sent to the admin console through the API which you can audit/monitor admins activity from your end.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared

Mozy Support

ShawnL
Community Manager

(455)

Status changed to: Need More Information

I'm very confused. Isn't this a forum for suggestions about ideas?

I don't want to write a "wrapper" to your product that makes it do what most other "ENTERPRISE" tools do by default.

Am I the only one that thinks that an enterprise tool should offer a record of changes made to the product. For the admins sanity and for security and change management?

When the status was changed to Need More Information, I can't see what is requested.

This is an idea for Your team to make this a better enterprise tool.

Regards,

Fred

ShawnL
Community Manager

(455)

@funwfreddy - Thank you so much for your suggestion! I will certainly bring this up with our development team. Should you have any additional feedback on this suggestion, feel free to keep posting in this thread. 

Thank you for using the Mozy community!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(455)

Status changed to: Being Discussed