Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Can I Back Up My Website or Blog with Mozy?
Do you have a personal website or blog you'd like to keep backed up? Check out the most recent blog post for more information on how to do it...

July's Webinar: Using a client configuration to control what your users backup
This months webinar on 07/26 will show you how to create a client configuration within the Administrator Console that you can push to your users. Register today!

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
chuckswe...

Warrior

(5)

Implemented

Allow restore of files older than a given date.

Mozy has been an integral part of my disaster recovery plan for years; I already make periodic disc image backups. If a disc should fail, my plan is (or was) to restore the most recent image, then restore just my Mozy files that are more recent than that.

Although this sounds simple and logical to me, it turns out that with Mozy, this is not possible.  Currently, I can either specify a given file, or else download all 125GB (or request it all on disc) - those are my two choices.

This makes Mozy virtually useless to me as part of a comprehensive backup strategy.  It seems like a trivial problem to solve (I am a software/database engineer by trade); simply give me a list of all files of mine that are newer than a certain date. Without this enhancement, I am forced to start searching for an alternative to Mozy.

Comments
ScottS1

(47)

@chuckswenson

Thanks for reaching out today. It sounds like you are referring to the Web Restore function and after clicking the Actions pane, choosing "Change date..." to either an earlier date or a later date according to your specifications.

Do you mean you want to see all of the most recent files in a list rather than just targeting the folder, and then individually selecting the files? Can you explain in detail what you prefer?

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

ScottS1

(47)

Status changed to: Need More Information

angelag
Community Manager

(956)

Hi @chuckswenson,

Just following up to add to @ScottS1's comments. You can change a date, and you can restore from any date within the data retention period on your account. To do so, follow the steps in these articles:

For Web Restores: How do I restore from an earlier date using the web restore dashboard?

For In-Client Restores: Restore from a previous date, using the Mozy backup software

Please let me know if you have further questions, or if your request is something other than we're reading it as.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

@chuckswenson - Did @angelag or @ScottS1 response help? If not, and you're looking for additional functionality, please post another comment below so we can update your request. 

Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

Status changed to: Implemented

ShawnL
Community Manager

(532)

@chuckswenson - It looks like the Change Date option will do what you're looking for here so I am going to mark this as implemented. If not, please comment below and we can change the status again with any additional information you provide. 

Thanks!

chuckswe...

Warrior

(5)

Sorry for my late response.  This is great - I believe it adds a lot of functionality to the program.  Thanks!