Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
We've decided to redesign our Mozy Community and we want YOUR feedback. Run on over to our Community Feedback Giveaway and tell us what you think about our current Community, what you'd like to see from a new Community design, or anything else Community-related for a chance at a $50 gift card!

Don't miss it-the giveaway ends on 3/27!

Join Us for the March Webinar: My Backup Is Not Working, How Do I Fix That?
Have you ever wondered how to troubleshoot your backups when they're missed or stop working fully? Join us on March 29th at 9AM PST while we walk you through some basic troubleshooting and your options for fixing backup issues with Support. Register HERE.
Solved (Go to Solution)

Support not clear

My Mozy backup at 50G is full. I simply want to delete old backups and clear up space. This is not SIMPLE TO DO and is extremely frustrating.

I read several posts and none of them apply to the Action pane select file delete.

I am not super tech savvy so your platform is not intuitive., The choices in the Action Pane do not include DELETE. Why not? This is what I want to do.

I don't understand. Plus, there is no phone support at $125 year, not even live chat? I don't feel very good about this "service".

zachm
Admin Emeritus
(386)

Re: Support not clear

I moved this to the forums. I didn't really see any ideas and think most of it can be resolved in here. A community member or support agent should be by soon to assist.

Zach M.
Community Manager
JaredG
(384)
Solution

@pmlindsay55

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your backup selection.  

Mozy must run a backup after you deselect files from the Mozy settings which you will need to do locally and not on our website where files are restored or viewed.

Mozy will never delete data from your computer and any files must be deleted using Windows File Explorer or deselected in the Mozy settings.

Here are some instructions 

1. Right-click the Mozy software checker box icon next to the computers clock in the bottom right corner of your screen. 
  2. Select Settings and then More Settings
  3. Deselect either Backup Sets or files from the File System tab.  Remove the check mark at left of file or folder to deselect it where you will see the tally for "this device" at the bottom of the page to see your backup selections size reduce as you remove files and or folders from your backup selection. 

FileSystem page

I hope this is helpful.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
username...

Master Level 1
(2981)

pmlindsay55 wrote:

My Mozy backup at 50G is full. I simply want to delete old backups and clear up space. This is not SIMPLE TO DO and is extremely frustrating.

I read several posts and none of them apply to the Action pane select file delete.

I am not super tech savvy so your platform is not intuitive., The choices in the Action Pane do not include DELETE. Why not? This is what I want to do.

I don't understand. Plus, there is no phone support at $125 year, not even live chat? I don't feel very good about this "service".

Live chat should be available for you.

See this document:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-chat-with-support

I posted to your other thread here:

http://community.mozy.com/t5/Mozy-for-Windows/Free-up-space-Where-is-the-delete-button/td-p/86647

You cannot delete individual files via the web interface. (Also, there is rarely a need to delete files via the web interface.) See my post to your other thread for more than you ever wanted to know about the topic.

Tyler_W
(72)

@pmlindsay55 I am showing that you have successfully decreased your file count and storage amount.  We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead