Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
segwaysav
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Setup: Can't get past log-in error

I'm trying to setup MOZY for the first time. I entered user name and PW. Keep getting error: Invalid Username and or password. I have changed it twice. I still get error. I can't get past this screen to setup. Help.

Julius
(154)
Solution

Re: Setup: Can't get past log-in error

@segwaysav

MozyPro account uses two logins: The first is the Admin login - this is used to login to your online account (Admin dashboard/console)for account management. Admin login is also used to login to the support portal when contacting Mozy support . The second login is the user login. User login is used on the software (Mozypro backup software or Mozy restore manager for restores) . You can make these logins the same or different but they have different profiles. Regardless of whether you make them the same or not, changing one does not change/affect the other. Note: User password cannot be changed using the "forgot password" link, instead it has to be changed after you are logged in your account using the Admin login.  In your case, you've not created a user, what you have now is only the admin login for account management. Follow the steps from this link to create a user that you'll use to login on the MozyPro backup software. Let's know if you've any questions. Thank you for using Mozy community.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
Benjamin_C
(120)

Hello! I'm just seeing if the above post helped, or if you had anymore questions! To help a tiny bit more explain what is going on, here is another nice article:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/About-MozyPro-passwords

I personally like the above article as it shows the steps for resetting both passwords, and why. That said, the article in the previous post is really good also, as it describes how to create a new 'User' on your account if you need one, so if you haven't looked at it yet, definitely check that one out too!

Let us know if you need anymore assistance!

Benjamin_C
~Mozy Support

PS: If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy Community!
AngelinaS
(222)

@segwaysav   Was the information previously given helpful in resolving your questions?  

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

Tyler_W
(72)

@segwaysav We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead