Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
tdoan
Warrior
(5)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Recover overwritten file > 30 days old

Is it possible to recover a file that was backed up > 30 days ago? I need to prove the content of a file that was overwritten, but that the content was essentially the same on a certain date.

Thanks.

JaredG
(470)

Re: Recover overwritten file > 30 days old

@tdoan

I see that your account is a Mozyhome account which has 30 days of backup retention so you can restore from any backup within 30 days. (Mozypro customers have 60 day retention)

Here is a link to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore from an earlier date:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-restore-from-an-earlier-date

Here is a link to our knowledge base that's about our retention policy:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-long-does-Mozy-keep-my-files

I hope this is helpful.  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
tdoan
Warrior
(5)

Thanks for the response, Jared. Is it impossible to find a file that was removed? The file I'm looking for was last accessed on Dec. 19, 2016.

Thanks.

JaredG
(470)

@tdoan

If it was backed up within 30 days from today even if it was backed once you can change the date in the web restore page by right clicking on any file with in a folder and choose "change date" to show the backup of that particular day so you can see what was in a folder from a specific backup.  So you could check each day of your history for a specific file / folder to see if the file is there.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
angelag
Community Manager
(797)

Hi @tdoan,

For your best bet at locating the file, follow the steps in this article and make sure to do steps 5 and 6 which are listed as optional. That will help you find individual files from previous dates.

Let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
JaredG
(470)

@tdoan

Were you able to follow the link Angela posted?  This link will take you to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore a specific file from a specific date within your retention policy.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
tdoan
Warrior
(5)

The "Change Date" won't go beyond 30 days (or less). For example, it won't allow me to choose a date past Jan. 2nd (as of today).

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

angelag
Community Manager
(797)
Solution

HI @tdoan,

You are correct, the Change Date will only show 30 days as the account only stores 30 days for MozyHome accounts. As per our data retention policy, Mozy will keep the last backup indefinitely and the previous 30 days worth of older files or previous versions. If you delete a file, or deselect it from your backup, Mozy sees it as removed and marks it for deletion during the next backup. Your account will then hold the file for 30 days before deleting it from the account entirely.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
AngelinaS
(222)

@tdoan   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(470)

@tdoan

If all your questions have been answered please mark the correct post as the solution or post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support