Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Most Liked Users
User Reps Count
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Mozy Reseller Bites Ransomware with Mozy Backup and Restore
Check out how a pet store used Mozy to recover from a ransomware attack.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
orb
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Potentially deleted data when adding a computer

Recently I attempted to add a computer to my Mozy Home free account. I mistakenly thought I could have two as long as the amount of space wasn't exceeded. I was wrong. 

When I added the new computer I was given a message that the data for the replaced computer would be deleted in 30 days. That's not what I was hoping would happen so I deleted the new computer in hopes that the data from the old one would not be deleted.

Since there is no support for Mozy Home, does anyone know if my data will be deleted now that I've removed the "new" computer?

Thanks in advance

0 Reps
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(67)

Re: Potentially deleted data when adding a computer

Looks like nobody has come along to help yet. Let me get a support agent to reach out and help you!

Zach M.
Community Manager
0 Reps
AllanH
(119)

@orb

I see MYDELL is still on the account and the files are restorable. The only machine that has been deleted repeatedly is Oriana's MacBook Air. I've created a support to further assist you and will be following up with you via email.

Thanks!

0 Reps
orb
Student
(0)

Thanks, Zach

0 Reps
orb
Student
(0)

My concern is that when I put the mac on the account it said that the dell data would be deleted because I added the mac. I didn't want to delete the dell data so I removed the mac. Will that prevent the dell data from being deleted?

Thanks

0 Reps
Julius
(154)
Solution

@orb

Looking at your account, both computers are on there, MYDELL and the mac. A previously backed up computer can be removed from an account in two ways: 

1. User Deletion - this is where you sign in to your account and pick the computer and click on the delete link to remove it from your account.
  2. Replacement by another machine- When you're adding a new machine to the account you've an option of either replacing the existing one or adding it as an additional computer to the account. If you choose to replace the existing one the old computer is deleted from the account and the data is kept for a limited period depending on account type.

In your case, the mac was added as a second computer to the account and not a replacement, so it did not delete the MYDELL.  I hope that helps.

Thank you for using Mozy community .

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
AngelinaS
(220)

@orb  Has the information from @AllanH or @Julius help in resolving your questions/issues?

If this helped you please like the response given and press Accept as Solution

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
JaredG
(503)

@orb

Your Mozyhome free account has reached its limit of the 2 GBs and you have both computers on your account.  Your Mac is backing up about 127 MBs but is attempting to backup 6.3 GBs with an AccountError3 (storage limit reached) and the Dell is using about 1.9 GBs and the Dell back hasn't backed up is some time now.

So the both computers are on your account but the Dell has 1.9 GBs used and the Mac is attempting 6.3 GBs.

You should open the Mozy preferences and removed files from the backup selection since you want to keep the 1.9 GBs from the Dell.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
jonr
(27)

If a post in this thread has answered your question please mark the post as a solution.

Thank you,

Jonr

0 Reps
Tyler_W
(50)

@orb

We feel like this issue has been resolved. We are marking the solution for future reference. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tyler W.
Community Moderator, L1 Team Lead
0 Reps