Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Leadership in Small Business 101, Part 3: How to Plan and Execute for Growth
If you are a small business owner, you know that not only is growth is important, but being prepared to keep up with that growth is really important as well. Learn more about planning for growth, and executing strategies...

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
N_S_
Elite Level 2
(20)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Over the limit? The blue bar on my account page shows 1.1 GB usage. Mozy says I am over the limit

The blue bar on my account page shows 1.1 GB of usage. Mozy says I am over the limit of 2.0. My files have not been backed up in three weeks. How can I get this straightened out and corrected?

ScottS1
(127)

Re: Over the limit? The blue bar on my account page shows 1.1 GB usage. Mozy says I am over the limi

@N_S_

I would suggest changing a few files to force Mozy to re-detect the appropriate amount of Usage:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\MozyHome\Data
  2. Before you make changes, open "services.msc" by pressing the Windows key and typing that in and pressing ENTER
  3. Scroll down and locate MozyHome Backup Service and stop the service
  4. Go back to C:\Program Files\MozyHome\Data and rename each of these files and simply add a .old at the end
    1. state.dat
    2. scancache.dat
    3. cache.dat
  5. Now start the MozyHome Backup Service again
  6. Wait for Mozy to re-scan all your files and let me know if the usage bar becomes acquainted with the right storage level.

I would also suggest you add exclusions to your antivirus in case it's causing those files to not be read or written to, hence causing the usage meter to appear inaccurate:

- http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Add-Mozy-exclusions-to-your-anti-virus-software

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Scott

Mozy Support

0 Reps
N_S_
Elite Level 2
(20)

Re: Over the limit? The blue bar on my account page shows 1.1 GB usage. Mozy says I am over the limi

I did remove almost 1 GB of files from the backup, a few weeks ago, and Mozy did not pick up on that. That's why the blue bar went down to 1.1 GB. How can I alert Mozy that this was done? I'm not a techie and the sequence you recommended is complicated.

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Hi @N_S_,

If it's not recognizing the change, it's likely that your configuration is corrupted. Following @ScottS1's steps above would resolve it, but you could also just do a clean uninstall/reinstall if that works better for you. It's simpler, but it may require you to select your files again once you install.

Please follow these steps if you would prefer to do a clean uninstall/reinstall of MozyHome:

1. Uninstall Mozy by going to Start > All Programs > MozyHome > Uninstall
2. Reboot the Computer
3. Download the latest software from mozy.com/home/download
4. Reinstall the downloaded software
5. Re-select your files for backup by following the steps in this article: Selecting Files to Backup Using the FileSystem Tab

Please let us know how that goes, and if you need any further questions or concerns.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@N_S_

There are still no attempts to backup since June 28th.  Do you have any antivirus running?  Antivirus can run for years without interfering with Mozy, however Mozy is often flagged / blocked unexpectedly by antivirus and exclusions need to be added so backups aren't blocked.

Some times when Mozy is blocked by antivirus, our "control" files that keep track of the backup are corrupted because Mozy is unable to read or write data to these control files which then become incomplete and corrupt.

Once an antivirus program has exclusions for Mozy, only then will Mozy be able to properly rebuild any corrupt control files after renaming or deleting them.

Here is a link with a list of exclusions for Mozy required for antivirus programs.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
ScottS1
(127)

@N_S_

We have not heard from you recently. Do you still need assistance on this issue or have additional questions on the information suggested?

Regards,

Scott
Mozy Support

0 Reps
N_S_
Elite Level 2
(20)

I cannot sign in to my Mozy account. Has it been canceled?

0 Reps
N_S_
Elite Level 2
(20)

Scott:

I sent a reply last night (July 26) but it is not showing on the Community list. I contacted McAfee and put the files on the Exclusion list (except could not find Mozy Home nor Mozy Home Data on my computer). Now I can't get to my Mozy account. What is happening? Is the backup working?

0 Reps
JaredG
(479)

@N_S_

Your account is not cancelled, however you can send a password reset if you need to to get logged in?

Also our system shows the amount attempted to backup is just over 2 GBs.

Do you have a blue link that says "change settings that are currently unavailable" above the "Help, Okay, and Cancel" buttons in the Mozy settings?  If so this will allow Windows security to show the entire backup selection which may be masked by Windows security until you click on "change settings that are currently unavailable" in the settings where the Mozy settings will reopen showing the entire backup selection, if there is any backup selections getting blocked by Window security or UAC.

I hope this is helpful.  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps
N_S_
Elite Level 2
(20)

I went through multiple categories of my files this evening and canceled all the large applications (I'm presuming that I don't need to back those up, because I can get them again from their websites, like Google, Firefox, McAfee etc.). I got the blue bar down to 700 MB. But something happened and all my selecting and unchecking of large files was undone, and everything became checked again. Now I must do it all again. I'm working on this. Will get back in touch.