Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
majkilde
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Is data stored inside EU?

According to this answer you have two data centers, one in US and one in UK -> https://community.mozy.com/t5/My-Account/In-which-country-is-my-data-stored/m-p/84353#M4282

But what happends when UK exits EU? According to the GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulative) data must be stroed inside EU.

Is there any plans for a data center in e..g Germany?

0 Reps
angelag
Community Manager
(320)

Re: Is data stored inside EU?

Hi @majkilde,

That post was actually incorrect, and I've reached out to the tech who originally wrote it and asked him to fix his response going forward. We don't actually have any data centers in the UK, our data centers are located in the EU itself, so there should be no problem going forward.

At this time we don't have plans for data centers in Germany itself, however that's a great suggestion going forward.

Angela G.
Community Moderator/Technical Support
0 Reps
majkilde
Student
(0)

Thank you

Do you have an official document that specifies that the data is stored inside EU? Coundn't find it your terms or privacy policy?

0 Reps
AllanH
(119)

Hi there,

That is an excellent question. Mozy's compliance to the European Union Safe Harbor Privacy Principles is documented here:

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-does-Mozy-protect-my-data-1342312483721

Please see the sub-heading titled "Data center security"

For additional information, please see the following article, which explains the latest version of this law, which is soon to be implemented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

Thank you.

0 Reps
majkilde
Student
(0)

Sorry, but that is not good enough. I need to be ensured (in an offcial document) that the data is actual stored inside EU, before I can recommend Moxy to my customers

0 Reps
AngelinaS
(220)

@majkilde  If you have a MozyPro or Reseller account, I recommend contacting your account manager to see if they have the documentation you are looking for.  

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

0 Reps
PTNubs
(154)
Solution

@majkilde

You can contact your Mozy sales rep to request some documentation that would clarify the EU compliance.

I see that you have already closed your MozyPro account last month.

If you are interested in having a Mozy account with the documentation noted, please call the Sales team to request both of those.

Peter M
Community Moderator
0 Reps
ShawnL
Community Manager
(146)

For future reference, account managers can be reached at 1-877-MOZYPRO (669-9776) and are available from 8AM to 5PM MST. International numbers can be found in the link below:

How can I contact Sales?

Shawn L.
Community Manager
JaredG
(454)

If anyone has questions about Brexit and how it affects your data stored in the EU, you can speak with Mozy sales (877-669-9776) as mentioned in the last post. 

With that said, the vote in Ireland and Scotland was won to stay in the EU and was lost to stay in the EU by England, Northern Ireland, and Wales.

So England, Northern Ireland, and Wales will be leaving the EU and the exit negotiations won't probably start until March of 2017 even though the vote to leave the the EU for these countries was made in June of 2016 and will take two years of negotiations to finalize the exit from the EU by March of 2019.

All of our data centers outside of the USA are in Ireland which is staying in the EU and official documentation will be created for this, but in the mean time you must speak with sales for any specific documentation regarding this matter.

The link below is a great resource regarding "All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
PTNubs
(154)

@majkilde

Have we adequately addressed your concern?
Is there anything else with which we can assist on this thread?
If so, please let us know.

Otherwise, if we do not receive an update from you in the coming days, we will mark this thread as solved.
Thank you for participating in our Community!

Peter M
Community Moderator
0 Reps