Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ajpolarb...

Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Credit card declined??? Enter new Credit Card info?

MozyHome Credit Card Failure: Day 0 notice

I have not made any changes to my credit card and my payments have always gone through.  I have plenty of money in my account and there should have been no reason to get this message.  Anyone else know what this is about?  I attached a copy of my email.

Thanks!

Ian

0 Reps
Julius
(154)

Re: Credit card declined??? Enter new Credit Card info?

@ajpolarbear12

The payment failed because of address and zip code mismatch.  This is because your account profile is missing your billing address. However,  I see the payment did go through today and your account is in good standing now. To make sure this does not happen in the future, please login to your account and click on "My Profile" and fill out billing address in the profile information and click submit.  Thank you for using Mozy community.

If a response has resolved your issue please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Mozy Support Engineer
0 Reps
ajpolarb...

Student
(0)

Thanks Julius...

I don't recall not having my billing address on my profile as I had to enter it to put in my credit card/bank info when I set it up.  Nothing has changed since.  I have lived here at my billing address since 1/20/2011.  I don't understand how it could be related to my billing address and zip code.  Could you please explain more, or what else could have happened?  I'm very cautious and suspicious of receiving emails like the one I received from Mozy telling me my card was denied and to just go to the site and update it.  You understand, I'm sure.  Can I get a little more information about the reason for this?  I would greatly appreciate it.  I've never had an issue with my address or credit card/bank account with my automatic withdrawals.

Thanks for looking into this more,

Ian

0 Reps
rond
(10)
Solution

@ajpolarbear12

One thing that can cause an account billing renewal to fail is if your credit card expiration date has recently changed.  Our billing system checks the account My Profile address when you update or change credit card information for added account billing security.  If the My Profile information has missing information or the information is incorrect, a billing credit card update will fail to go through.

Here are some articles with additional details. 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Problem-updating-credit-card-details

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Solution/Why-isnt-my-credit-card-working

Thanks,

Mozy Suport

ajpolarb...

Student
(0)

Okay,

Thanks, that makes more sense.  I didn't realize at the end of the year there is a renewal which recognized that I was issued a new expiration date and CCV code when I was issued a new card several months ago. 

Thank you.

Ian

0 Reps
Lite
Cook
(0)

Hi,

I find it annoying that I have to enter again all the credit card details (name, address, number, etc.)  just to update the expiration date.

Lidia

0 Reps