Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
Solved (Go to Solution)

Can't download Mozy Free on new Windows 8 computer. I keep getting "Client Error 9"

I keep getting "Client Error 9" message when I get to the sign in portion of the instillation.

0 Reps
dillon
Community Manager
(128)

Re: Can't download Mozy Free on new Windows 8 computer. I keep getting "Client Error 9"

Hello @toomanycatssw,

With Mozy getting the ClientError9, have you tried going over the KB Article:

MozyClientError9

This error occurs when the Mozy service is not running. It may not be running for a variety of reasons, but the most common reason is because it was blocked. Make sure that Mozy is allowed through your anti-virus or temporarily try disabling it during the activation. 

Thanks,

Dillon
Mozy Senior Support Technician
Sync | Linux | Restore SME
0 Reps

Re: Can't download Mozy Free on new Windows 8 computer. I keep getting "Client Error 9"

I did disable my anti-viral and malware programs and still got the same error message.

0 Reps
HashemH
(262)
Solution

@toomanycatssw - Can you navigate to the "Services" page and verify whether Mozy service is running or not.

If a response has resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help the Mozy community.

Term and conditions
http://mozy.com/terms

Latest Download
https://mozy.com/download/
0 Reps
JaredG
(454)

This thread has become obsolete and is over 6 months old and is now marked as solved.  If you still need help please come back to the Mozy community forums and post on a new thread.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
0 Reps