Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
Solved (Go to Solution)

transfer photos from lap top to desk PC

Recently I had to have my desktop completely wiped out and redone due to a virus.  All my photos are on my laptop which is also Mozy backuped.  Is there a way to transfer those photos to my desktop from the back up on my laptop?

remymozy
(95)
Solution

Re: transfer photos from lap top to desk PC

@Spudybug

Yes, you can transfer files backed up to your Mozy account to any computer by using the Mozy Web Access panel in your Mozy account. The restore process is a two part process where you will select the files you want to restore and then install a small program to restore them. Here are step by step visual tutorials to help you through the process: 

Select files for restore: 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-restore-my-files

Install the program to restore the files: 

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Download-Files-with-Mozy-Restore-Manager

AngelinaS
(222)

@Spudybug   Was the information provided in this thread helpful in answering your questions?

If this helped you, please like the response given and press Accept as Solution.

Thank you,

Angie

JaredG
(580)

@Spudybug

I see one of your computers backing up only 181 MBs verses the 5.6 GBs that was backing up before January 14th.  Were you able to restore any data using the links to our knowledge base that were posted by Remy?

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(580)

@Spudybug

We haven't heard back from you yet, were able to transfer your data or restore your photos?  Please post any questions or comments.

Thank  you,

Jared
Mozy Support
JaredG
(580)

@Spudybug

We haven't heard from you since your initial post, so I have marked this thread as solved, however please post any questions or issues you may have.

Thank you,

Jared
Mozy Support
ShawnL
Community Manager
(565)

@Spudybug - Please let us know if there are any additional questions we can help answer for you. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forum!

Shawn L.
Community Manager