Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
dork
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

mozy setting does not include network share

when I go to my mozy settings file, I right click on the right column to get network share but it does not come up.

Fryer
(540)
Solution

Re: mozy setting does not include network share

It's actually going to be on the left column rather than the right column. Also we've added a link to it rather than having to right click. If you don't see that, and right clicking doesn't work, then chances are you're not using Mozy Pro with a Server license. If you have Mozy Home you won't be able to do that, if you have Mozy Pro then you're probably using a Desktop license and will need to reactivate with a server license.

-
Please remember to mark the solution post and give thumbs up to helpful posts.

Mozy Premium Support
Senior Engineer

Term and conditions
http://mozy.com/terms

Latest Download
https://mozy.com/download/
dillon
Community Manager
(145)

@dork

Going over your MozyPro account associated with this post, both machines: CHA[...] are using Desktop storage. As Fryer mentioned, you are not seeing Network functionality due to the Desktop device type. 

You will need to create a new Server user in your account and setup Mozy under that account. To do this please see the following KB/Documentation Articles, including those related to the original question: 

Can I backup to a network share?

Add a User  -  How to add a Server User, which is required for adding a network share

View Product Keys Assigned to a User  -  Allows you to check if the keys/devices are Desktop or Server

How do I convert a Windows computer from a desktop user to a server user?  -  Required after you assign a Server device using the Add a User link. 

Thanks,

Dillon
Mozy Senior Support Technician
Sync | Linux | Restore SME
dork
Cook
(0)

Thank you for your reply, here is a copy of my invoice showing mozy pro server.  I admit, I do not understand all that Mozy has to offer and how to set it up, I appreciate your help.  I am missing something in what I know to do and how this invoice reflects the server.  Thank you for any help you can provice.

From Date To Date Quantity Description Price Tax Percent of Period Total Price
Previous Balance $ 0.00
1/15/2015 2/14/2015 1 MozyPro 100 GB Plan (Monthly) MozyPro Bundle $ 39.99 $ 0.00 100.00 % $ 39.99
1/15/2015 2/14/2015 1 MozyPro Server Add-on for 100 GB Plan (Monthly) MozyPro Server Add On $ 12.99 $ 0.00 100.00 % $ 12.99
Total $ 52.98
1/15/2015 Electronic Payment $ -52.98
Balance $ 0.00

dillon
Community Manager
(145)

Hello @dork,

Yes, you are 100% correct that you have the Server ability on your account.  You just need to implement it. 

To do this complete the following steps: 

1. Sign into your account online
  2. Select Add New User on the left under Quick Links
  3. Under section 2, next to the "What type of user?", select Server in the drop-down
  4. Provide limits on storage size and number of devices as needed
  5. Enter a Username and Email in section 3 (NOTE: Email must be unique from other users, but does not need to be a real email)
  6. Click the Add User button
  7. Select Search/List Users on the left
  8. Click on the Email you just added, which will open below
  9. Click on the Change User Password link in the header and assign/save the password
  10. ***The remaining steps need to be performed on the machine you want to backup the Network Share***
  11. Find the Mozy icon in the System Tray by your clock
  12. Hold down the Shift-key and Right-click on the Mozy icon
  13. Select Launch Setup Wizard
  14. Enter credentials you just created
  15. Select Next and complete the setup

Also found in the articles:  

Add a User

How do I convert a Windows computer from a desktop user to a server user?

If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Support. 

Thanks,

Dillon
Mozy Senior Support Technician
Sync | Linux | Restore SME