Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
New from the Blog: How the Backup Process Works
Have you ever wondered what exactly is happening when you start a Mozy backup? This article explains the process in detail.

Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
Jane15
Spy
(2)

Outlook Contacts

Can Mozy automatically back up my Outlook contacts?

jpell
Cook
(1)

Re: Outlook Contacts

Yes, looks like it can under Backup Sets and choose Email & Contacts.  Selecting that made it automatically find where my Outlook files are stored--it can be in different places depending on what version of Outlook you're running.  For instance, mine was saved here:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

I'm running Outlook 2010 but I think the location it's saved is different for other versions.

Hope that helps.

Jane15
Spy
(2)

Thank you very much for the insights!

BTillman
Student
(0)

Assuming you're referring to Office Outlook, Mozy can back up not only your contacts, but your calendar and mail as well.  if you use a POP account in Outlook, your data will be stored in an Outlook Data File (a PST).  Because that PST is kept in your Windows profile, it will be covered my default in the Mozy backup set.

If you you use an IMAP or Outlook.com (Exchange ActiveSync) account, it's not as crucial to include the data file in the backup set.  The reason is that the data remains on the server so even if you have to recreate your Windows profile, when you reconfigure Outlook, your data will be waiting for you on the server.  In fact, you cannot reuse a data file for IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync accounts.

Avi
Spy
(1)

How about Outlook Express contacts?

Yes, I know I'm a caveman, but I still like the simpicity of it ....

ericseban2
Student
(1)

you can backup OE contacts...

first you'll have to config windows to show hidden folders and files. 

go to "control panel" , find "folder options", on the view tab mark "show hidden files and folders".

next go to : C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book - inside you'll find a .wab file that looks like a book, right click it and choose :add to mozy backups.

hope i helped....

good luck.

Techalder
(254)

Try going into Settings, Backup Sets, and on one of the existing sets for email and contact, do a right click and edit.  You can check the rules to make sure that your files are chosen for backup.  Also, you can do a left click on the backup set and it should show you on the right side pane all the files that are chosen for backup. 

You can also create your own backup set to grab files of your choosing.  We created the basic backup sets for popular file types.  However, you may have specialized files that need to be backed up so this is how you would do that.

Hope this is helpful..

Tech  :-)