Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
Vivpan
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

MozyClientError2, unable to back up for 4 days, manual back up wouldn't work either.

MozyClientError2, unable to back up for 4 days, manual back up wouldn't work either.  Help! 

0 Reps
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(393)

Re: MozyClientError2, unable to back up for 4 days, manual back up wouldn't work either.

According to the knowledgebase article below it sounds like a corrupt config file. I'm going to get a support agent to reach out and help with this.

http://support.mozy.com/articles/en_US/Error_Message/MozyClientError2

Zach M.
Community Manager
0 Reps
carlco
(159)

Re: MozyClientError2, unable to back up for 4 days, manual back up wouldn't work either.

Hi there,

Looks like you have a case for this. We do need to rename your local manifest.dat. There is a procedure to that. Would you like instructions for that or do you want a remote session so we can do that for you?

Thank you,

Carl Cochran
Mozy L2 Support Engineer
0 Reps
PB1
Elite Level 1
(5)
Solution

I was having the same issue all day yesterday- but my files had not backed up in 20 days. I could not have files back up automatically (when I changed the time for automatic backup to 10 minutes ahead of the actual time), nor could I do a manual backup. The Start button did not work. So- I spent about 4 hours going thru a lot of posts in Mozy and on the general internet with no avail.

I had tried a myriad of things that I had found on Mozy Support (none worked)  and I was about to call Mozy (and get charged for it) but then somehow I found the answer in a final string of posts on the Mozy site.  I have no idea what question it was that I posed that made this answer come up. But it did and the solution worked.

When I implemented the fix, and then went back to the Mozy icon, I could finally click on the Start Backup button and have the backup begin.

here you go, below- it was such a simple solution- but it allowed me to backup. I have no idea what this file is, btw.

Vivpan wrote:

MozyClientError2, unable to back up for 4 days, manual back up wouldn't work either.  Help! 

Click Start  then Run

type in    services.msc   and hit enter

A window comes up. Scroll down to MozyHome Backup Service.

Right click on it.  Then click Start.

If it says that it has already started, there is another issue, but if not, this fix will solve your problem.

Good luck.

ShawnL
Community Manager
(625)

Just for reference, should anyone come across the issue with the Start Backup button being grayed out, please see the link below:

Start Backup button is grayed out

Thanks!

Shawn

Shawn L.
Community Manager
0 Reps