Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
True22
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

How do I edit what files I want backed up?

I have Mozy home. I am going from a PC to a Mac. I don't want to restore all the files I currently have backed up. Is there anyway to select which files I want to transfer to the Mac? If not can I change what files I want to back up? Then do a back up and restore from there. Thank yoU!

0 Reps
dillon
Community Manager
(145)
Solution

Re: How do I edit what files I want backed up?

Great question @True22

Both options are possible. Which choice is right for you?   

Option 1 - Choose what files to Restore to another computer:

You can sign into your account online, choose Devices on the left, click on the name of the machine, then place check marks next to the specific files/folders to restore.  More instructions on this can be found on the KB:

Creating a Web Restore.

With this option, if I may suggest, select your files/folders and then right click on the file/folder and choose Large Download options, then continue the steps to Restore.  

Option 2 - Choose what files to NOT backup:

If you want to de-select files to backup, please open your MozyHome Settings (Start Menu > All Programs > MozyHome > MozyHome Settings) then go into the Backup Sets and File System tabs to de-select the files you do not want to backup. The following KB can assist:  

Selecting Files to Backup using the FileSystem Tab

Once you have de-selected your files, you will need to perform a backup.  This backup will then remove the files from your account. 

(In the event of accidental Deletion or Removal, Mozy keeps a copy of your data for 30 days with MozyHome and 60 days for MozyPro)

Other KB Articles that can assist with restoring your files:

How long does Mozy keep my files?

Requesting Web Restore for All files

How do I delete files from Mozy servers?

Thanks,

Dillon
Mozy Senior Support Technician
Sync | Linux | Restore SME
True22
Cook
(0)

Re: How do I edit what files I want backed up?

Thanks for your help and fast response Dillon!
0 Reps