Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: Trending KB Articles This Week
Check out the articles that are popular this week, and some other information and articles that can help you find further resolution if you're experiencing these issues.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
ShakedVx
Student
(1)

External Storage (NAS/Streamer) backup set

With more people having a home NAS or steamer with storage, and no Mozy client for these platforms, having a backup sets option to include network drives/locations would be great

Wayward
Overlord Level 1
(320)

Re: External Storage (NAS/Streamer) backup set

ShakedVx,

Thanks for bringing up this topic.  This feature is available in MozyPro but not in MozyHome.  There as been a lot of discussion in Community about needing this feature in MozyHome for use with 2xProtect local backup and for backing up a network attached device.

I understand that it is under discussion at Mozy but no clue if or when the feature will be made available in MozyHome.

Wayward

"Five out of four people have a problem with fractions." ... unknown
0 Reps

This is how I am configured via Mozy Pro and it works great.  The only issue is that if I reset the server, it seems as though I have to re-enter my credentials for the NAS or else Mozy will not gain access to those files.

0 Reps
Korish
Cook
(2)

Let me second the request for the ability to backup network locations with MozyHome. Please don't limit it to SMB connections though, I'd like to ideally see the ability to backup:

• SMB shares
  • NFS share
  • iSCSI shares

Also, I would REALLY REALLY like it if some sort of advanced scheduling could be setup for 2xProtect. I love that this feature exists, but this would make it much more usable.

0 Reps
zachm
Admin Emeritus
(67)

Thank you all for your input on backing up NAS devices.  We have seen a lot of buzz about it in the community.  My suggestion is to keep at it.  The best place to put these ideas is in the idea exchange.  Every time a new suggestion is proposed(regardless of how many times it has been proposed in the past) we look at it individually.  Your idea might not get seen on this page as much as it would in the idea exchange. I hope this helps you all!

Zach M.
Community Manager
0 Reps
ShakedVx
Student
(1)

thanks for the tip.

will do

0 Reps