Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
47david
Assassin
(9)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Exclude file type from auto backup

Can I stop automatic inclusion of PDF files in my backup sets.  It seems every time I create a PDF it is automatically included in the files backed up, but as I print a lot of files to PDF I find the backup sets contain a lot of files I don't want backed up.

rockstar
Assassin
(5)
Solution

Re: Exclude file type from auto backup

Hi David,

You can edit the rules for include and exclude of a backup set to include certain file types

Default is:

"doc rtf txt wpd sxw odt pdf wps docx dot dotx dotm docm indd indt pmd pub qxd qxt wcm wpg wpt xls csv xlr wks xlsx xlsm xltx xltm xlsb xlt ods xla xlam ppt pot pps ppa sxi odp pptx pptm ppsx potx potm cdt cpt mpp mpt mst vsd vst vsx vtx wcm one wma wav sxc qpw"

If you add a rules exclude "pdf" and remove this extension from the include list, you will not have the pdfs included anymore.

Best regards,

Maarten

47david
Assassin
(9)

Thanks - I didn't realize I could do that.

I guess when I DO have a PDF that I want to include in the backups I can just navigate to it, right -click it and then use the 'Add to Mozy Backups' option - seems like problem solved!

SN11224
Assassin
(6)

Ran through your solution when looking at blogs. Dont see where to specify rules, I see where I can select all my docs in MozyHome setting under File System tab, how can I specify exclusions? I only see a check box to check all or none (re docs).

47david
Assassin
(9)

Settings

> Backup Sets tab

> RIGHT Click on one of the backup sets

> choose EDIT Backup Set

and away you go

you can remove a file type, add a file type, add a new rule or remove a rule completely

you can change the rule type to be INCLUDES or EXCLUDES and so on

Cheers

:-)

SN11224
Assassin
(6)

Thanks for the crumbtrail, it worked perfectly. Smiley Happy

ShadowGrl
Elite Level 2
(10)

Thanks @47david for asking the question and @rockstar for answering! Learn something new every day!