Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Alert: Attention macOS High Sierra Users: We are aware there may be some compatibility issues between macOS High Sierra and Mozy. Your backed up data remains protected. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.

Latest from the Blog: Thinking About Signing Up for MozyPro?
Are you a new customer looking to protect your business data? Or maybe you're a MozyHome user who needs to make sure their work-related documents are protected and are thinking of upgrading to MozyPro? See why you should and how to do it in today's post...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
In case you missed it, today's webinar has been posted!
AnaLu
Student
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Backup set changed for no reason to default

Hi!

I recently changed from a desk pc with Win 7 to a laptop with Win 8.1.

I didn't know how to keep my custom backup set so I rebuild it (lots of work) when I installed mozy on the new computer.

Everything was fine until 06/18 in which Mozy had trouble connecting to the internet and the next time that it was able to do it, it started backing up the default set and not my actual custom backup set. I only noticed this after realizing it was taking just a few seconds to backup because it was only backing up a 100 files instead of the 9000 that I usually have.

I don't know what happened and I don't know how to fix it without having to manually set my custom backup again (with no guarantee that it won't happen again).

I'm attaching the snapshot of the log.

Please help! Thanx!

0 Reps
Fryer
(540)
Solution

Re: Backup set changed for no reason to default

I pulled your backup logs from your last backup. Looks like on the 16th around 3pm the settings was opened, and the number of backup sets changed. Looks like someone went in there and change the settings.

You will need to go through and resetup your backup sets. What you can do is save your configuration file so that if this happens again, you can just put it back into place. You can even take this with you to a new computer. The file you want to save/replace is

C:\Program Files\MozyHome\config\conf.dat

You can even copy it to a location that Mozy backs up so that you have a backup of it. If for whatever reason in the future the configuraiton database schema changes in a new version, this won't work. However I don't foresee that happening any time soon, and it hasn't changed for a long time. In 5 years who knows, it could change, but in the mean time it will work so you don't have to keep recreating them if something changes or you get a new computer.

-
Please remember to mark the solution post and give thumbs up to helpful posts.

Mozy Premium Support
Senior Engineer

Term and conditions
http://mozy.com/terms

Latest Download
https://mozy.com/download/
AnaLu
Student
(0)

Re: Backup set changed for no reason to default

Thanks for the answer! I'm gonna do it all over again and get it to backup the customized set (thanks for the tip).

0 Reps