Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
The Mozy Blog: Windows 10, FilterError0, and Digitally Signed Driver Errors
A new update has been released for the Windows client that resolves some issues users were experiencing with Windows 10. Check out the latest blog for details!

April's Webinar: Protecting Your Data From Attack
In case you missed it, April's webinar has been posted!

Looking for support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you!
masebo
Cook
(0)
Solved (Go to Solution)

Backup Desktop Files

I have some files stored on my desktop. How do I make sure that Mozy is backing these up?  They do not appear as options to select in my backup sets.

ibear
Elite Level 2
(14)

Re: Backup Desktop Files

If you use the "file system" tab in the Mozy settings console, you can manually add your desktop.  Choose "Local Disk C", then "Users", then your username.  "Desktop" will be one of the folders available.  If you want just some of the files backed up, choose them individually or perhaps it makes sense to create a desktop folder called "MozyBU".  Set it up and then save anything you want Mozy to back up in that folder.

Techalder
(254)
Solution

You are asking to verify that the files are being backed up.  Here is a nifty little widget you can turn on to see that your files are being backed up. 

Open Settings, Options, General, and select the box, "Show backup status icon on files".  You will see an overlay of icons that show which have been backed up.

Hope this helps,

Tech  :-) 

beegolden
Elite Level 1
(16)

thanks for the handy widget! I didn't know it existed, but it will be so very helpful