Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements
Check out our latest contest. This is open to all of our community members and it's just as easy as all of the others! Take a look at the contest page for more details.
janh
Community Manager

(175)

iPad Giveaway: What's in your Stash? - Winner announced!

First off, we want to thank everyone for the great submissions. This was a very hard contest for the judges. In the end the winner was picked along with four runners up. Everyone will be contacted shortly. We wanted to post the winning submission to help inspire people with new uses for Stash. We know that Stash has many uses and will only continue to inspire and amaze us. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to add your comments in the Idea Exchange. We strive to make a great product even better.

Congratulations to SaraM for being the grand prize winner! Here is what she had to say about her Stash.

Mozy Stash was the perfect answer to an extremely frustrating situation. We had just moved from a US Navy job in Naples, Italy to a civilian life in the US. Our things were literally all over the world as we traveled with some, shipped some via plane, and some on ship. We were living in an apartment with limited space and I was working on my degree on two different computers and multiple locations.

How in the world were we going to be able to backup important documents and all of the assignments I was doing for my college courses when the most reliable computer we had was the MacBook with no internal backup drive? In addition, how could I be able to switch smoothly from working on my schoolwork and doing the finances on the MacBook to doing the same work on the PowerMac?

Yes, a thumb drive would help with some of this but then you start getting into the trouble of determining which version is the most recent, the one on the laptop, the desktop, or the thumb drive. What if I am working on one version and updating it only to find out that someone else in the family has worked on another copy and now neither one of them was up to date?

That is when I found the email introducing me to Mozy Stash and I knew instantly that all of my troubles had been solved. I could scan important documents with the scanner attached to the desktop computer and they would instantly be transferred to the laptop where I could have access to them no matter where I was. I could go to the library and work on my thesis paper and know that each time I saved my changes or the program completed an auto save that the changes were being automatically backed up in the cloud and transferred to the home computer for storage.

When I was working at my intern site and needed access to an important document on the laptop that was sitting at home, what did I do? Did I freak out and get upset over the fact that I would have to explain to my supervisor that I had to go home for a minute or that she would just have to wait until the next day for me to bring it in? Not at all because all I had to do was log on to Mozy and every important document that was on my laptop and desktop computer was also conveniently and easily accessible to me online.

What is in my Stash? Every important document I have and I haven’t worried about how I was going to be able to get to them or if they were safe ever since. Thank you Mozy for another fantastic program, you have saved me more times than I can count.

Sincerely,

SaraM

The runners up in this contest are listed in alphabetical order. Thank you for your great submissions.

• Cayraa
  • Dolly
  • Owyn
  • Yarncrafters

Comments

sathya

Visitor

Though their sayings are accepatable some things need to be researched..

Comment on Thread
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.