Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

What's new with Mozy? (July 2017)

A couple new updates for the Mac client as well as Sync were recently released that I wanted to draw your attention to. In addition, the MozyEnterprise service now supports another encryption key option KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol). Check out the details below! 

shutterstock_543689830.jpg

Mac (Version 2.16.3)

New and Changed Features

• Enhanced data retention features. Versions of backed up files are now saved for a longer amount of time.
    • MozyHome versions are now saved for up to 3 (previously 1) months.
    • MozyPro and MozyEnterprise versions are now saved up to 6 (previously 2) and 12 (previously 3) months by default.
    • MozyPro and MozyEnterprise administrators can change the default and keep versions longer or shorter by selecting a different retention policy. Retention policies specify which versions of a file to keep and how long to keep them. This feature will be rolled out over time to MozyHome, MozyPro, and MozyEnterprise accounts.
  • Enhanced the software security (TLS 1.2).

Issues Fixed

• Fixed an issue that prevented a backed up folder from being restored through the backup software if the folder name contains Unicode characters, such as Chinese or Japanese characters.

=====

Sync (Version 1.3.4)

New and Changed Features

• Enhanced the software security (TLS 1.2).

Issues Fixed

• Fixed an issue for Windows users that caused the software to incorrectly report that you are out of disk space.

=====

KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol)

• The MozyEnterprise service now offers another encryption key option, furthering Mozy’s commitment to data security. To learn more about this feature, please see the latest Mozy Blog. If you are a MozyEnterprise customer and are interested in using the service, please contact your account manager or our Sales team

=====

All past and future updates can be found in the link below for all Mozy operating system clients including Windows, Mac, and Linux, as well as for the Admin Console, Restore Manager, Sync and Mobile. I will be sure to alert you to any new updates as they are released in the Mozy community blog.

Thank you for stopping by and as always, should you have any questions please reach out to us through the Mozy Community by starting a new thread, posting a comment below, or feel free to reach out to support.

Thank you for using the Mozy community forums!

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

All of our previous blogs and webinars can be found in the link below:

Mozy Blogs

Mozy Webinars

Should you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.

villageinn

Visitor

Any chance this new encryption will be available for non Enterprise users?

ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

@villageinn

KMIP is currently only available for MozyEnterprise customers and I have not heard of a release for Home or Pro as of yet. If I do hear of any plans to do so, I will let you know right away. 

villageinn

Visitor

Cool thanks! I know it's a new feature but was just curious. 

angelag
Community Manager

(1183)

Hi @villageinn  

If you have any further questions about it, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Sales team to see if you can qualify for an account that includes KMIP. Or let us know if there's anything further we can assist you with here. Smiley Happy

Also, don't forget to register for the Mozy Community so we can better reply to your comments/questions.

villageinn

Visitor

OK great thanks Angelag and Shawnl. I don't think I have any other questions at this time. It's nice to know that this forum exists though for simple questions. I really dislike opening cases for pre-sales questions. 

Thanks again!

villageinn

Visitor

Quick question, will my avatar change? 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

@villageinn

Your avatar will change when you register in the community. As you participate more in the community and receive more likes from other users, your avatar will change as you rank up. More information can be found in the link below:

New To The Community

Thanks!

JaredG

(648)

In the end our new KMIP (Key Management Interoperability Protocol) service will save time and money for our customers!

I look forward to see this new tool used by our customers.

Thanks Shawn for an awesome blog!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

To our current and future visitors, you are currently able to post on blogs without registering, however we are unable to see your account details or email you with an update about your question or comment without being registered in the community. Please consider registering for the Mozy community before posting on a support question on the blog, especially if the question is urgent. Registration is easy and the steps can be found in the link below:

Mozy Community Registration

Once registered, we can more easily access your account and backup information which will allow us answer your questions more accurately. In addition, we can easily create a support or billing case for you should we need to take the issue out of the forums. 

Thank you for using the Mozy community!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(617)

If you have a moment, check out the latest community contest and tell us your personal story of a time when Mozy was really there for you. We want to hear about that time you thought all was lost, but luckily you had Mozy backup to restore your files. Leave your personal story in the comments below for a chance to win. All you have to do is leave a comment on our Community Feedback Giveaway blog post to enter to win $50!

Community Contest

Thank you so very much for being an essential part of our Community.