Threads Date
SECOND COMPUTER SAVIN... 08-20-2017
Scheduling Backup 08-19-2017
Which board should I ... 08-17-2017
Cannot back up 08-14-2017
install errors 08-14-2017
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

What are my options when I need to contact support?

As mentioned in the October webinar, there are a number of support options available should you have questions about your account, need help with the Mozy software or have questions about a restore. Whether you prefer finding the information yourself or would prefer to have direct help from a support technician, we have a support option for you!

In this blog, we will be talking about the ways in which you can contact support. Later in the week we will be talking about self-help options such as the Community, Knowledge Base, Documentation, and Log Analyzer tool.

shutterstock_372609883.jpg

Community

The Mozy community forum is available to all customers and is the preferred method of contact for MozyHome Free customers. All moderators are Mozy technicians and can help answer any questions you may have about your account, backup or restores. Use the links below to register in the community, post a new question or reply to an existing post created by other Mozy customers. 

1. How to Register for the Mozy Community
  2. How to Create a New Forum Topic in the Mozy Community
  3. How to Reply to a Forum Thread in the Mozy Community

The nice thing about the Community is that there are years worth of resolved posts to look through and chances are, someone has had the same question as you in the past. Try it out!

Email

Email support is available to all paid customer accounts. MozyHome Free accounts can reach out to support via the Community or use any of our various self-help options

Creating a case with support is easy! 

1. Log into the support portal
  2. Click My Support
  3. Click Create a new Case
  4. Enter in the following information:
         For Device, select the computer that is impacted by the issue
         In the Case Reason drop-down box, select the reason
         In the Subject text box enter the issue for the case
         Enter details of the issue in the Description box
  5. When finished, click Submit

In a circumstance where you are unable to access an old email address, or any other issue that prevents you from accessing your account, feel free to use the Account Retrieval Form to create a case with support instead. A support agent will help update the email address on your account, or help you locate the email address your account was originally created under.

Live Chat

Live Chat support is available 24 x 7 for MozyHome paid accounts, MozyPro, Resellers, OEM and MozyEnterprise accounts. 

1. Log into the support portal
  2. Click My Support
  3. Click Create a new Case
  4. On the right under Contact Support, click on the option Chat
  5. Click Start Chat
  6. Fill out the session form, and click Submit to begin chatting with a support agent

Phone

Phone support is available to MozyPro, MozyEnterprise, OEM and Reseller customers. When calling, make sure you are ready to enter in your 9 digit Support ID.

Support can be reached at the numbers below and is available 24 X 7:

USA - 866.789.6699
     UK - 0808 234 3567
     Ireland - 1800 303249
     France - 0800 915123
     Germany - 0800 1802517

Note866.789.6699 works from all around the world with the country code +1.

Social Media

Another option which some customers prefer, is to reach out to support via social media. Mozy has two Twitter accounts and one Facebook page. I would personally recommend reaching out to Mozy via the Mozy Support Twitter page

Follow us using the links below:

Mozy Facebook
     Mozy Twitter
     Mozy Support Twitter

Note - The social media channels are monitored Monday- Friday from 9AM to 5PM (MST). 

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback by posting a comment below. Should you have trouble accessing support, feel free to leave your support question below.  You can post a comment without registering in the community, however it will be easier to contact you through a private message if you are registered

Keep a look out for another blog about Mozy's self-help options on Thursday, 11/03.

Thank you for using the Mozy community!

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

If you are a MozyPro, Enterprise, or Reseller customer, you may need to contact your Account Manager at times well. Your Account Manager is located in our Sales department and can be reached at any of the numbers in the link below:

How can I contact Sales?

Robin Pagden

Visitor

Hi. I am replacing my current laptop (this machine) with a new HP machine, both Windows 10. I have foolishly downloaded MozyHome on the new machine, replacing this laptop, before restoring the data to the new machine. So now I have no access to the backup set. Help!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@Robin Pagden - It doesn't look like you've received an answer yet. Let me have a technician reach out to you!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

If you prefer, you can also view this information in a recorded Webinar by clicking on the link below:

October Webinar: What are my options when contacting support?

JaredG

(580)

@Robin Pagden

As long as you haven't deleted your computer from off your account then as a MozyHome customer you have 30 days to restore your data after you replace a machine.  The link below will take you to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore your files from an earlier date using our website and this next link will take you to our knowledge base with instructions on how to restore files from an earlier date using the Mozy backup software.

I recommend using the the option to restore from the web since this knowledge base article takes you through a restore process that guarantees a restore of all files from s specific date.

Please post any questions or comments.

Thank you,

JaredG

(580)

Contacting Mozy support may seem daunting for some but is actually quite easy and Shawn shows in this blog.  If any one has questions about contacting support please post your questions or comments, because we would like to hear back from your customers.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Make sure and read our second blog in this series:

Self-Help Support Options

This blog covers the Knowledge Base, Documentation and Community sections of our support site!

Let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to provide additional information. 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

Note - The social media channels are monitored Monday- Friday from 9AM to 5PM (MST)

TaraninSD

Visitor

I need help with setting up another computer. I just can't seem to remember my email for this account. Any help?

TaraninSD

Visitor

In fact it might be my husbands email

Danman

Visitor

Could I get some help as well?

Danman

Visitor

Could I get some help as well? I can't find my account

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@TaraninSD - If you can register in the community I can follow up with you through a private message to obtain the information needed to find the account. Thanks! 

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@Danman - See the message to @TaraninSD above. You are both listed as visitors which means we don't have a way of contacting you. If you register in the community, then we can private message about your account. 

Thanks!

angelag
Community Manager

(1044)

@Danman and @TaraninSD,

Have you tried following the steps in our KB for when you've forgotten your email? It outlines some ways to check and find the email that is associated with your account, and it directs you to the login help form as well so you can create a case with us. 

If you create a case through that help form, please make sure to include a valid email that we can reach you back with, and also all of the following information so we can find your account by billing:

The last four digits of the card on the account:

The name on the card on the account:

The date of the last charge:

The amount of the last charge:

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

An update to our visitors:

Anyone can post comments on blogs and webinars without registering in the community but if we need to reach out to you about a support issue through a private message, the easiest way to reach is you is to have you register a username in the community. For instructions, please see the link below:

How to Register for the Mozy Community

Please let us know if you have any questions!

dndforlyfe

Visitor

Can one upgrade to Pro from Home for phone support?

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@dndforlyfe

You can upgrade from Home to Pro by using the steps below:

How do I upgrade from MozyHome to MozyPro?

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@dndforlyfe - Side note. I would suggest contacting our Sales team as the easiest way. They will help get your new account setup and get you on your way!

How can I contact Sales?

If you would like, I can forward your information over and have them contact you. Register in the community and I can send you a private message to gather your information. 

Thanks!

hellohellohello

Visitor

All no one can call in! Live Chat gives me a Java error

torobegone

Visitor

Same as the person above. Resolution?

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@hellohellohello - The issue with the phone system was resolved in the afternoon yesterday and lasted about 2 hours. If you're still having issues, please let us know and we can check into this further for you. Make sure and register so that we can reach out to via private message about case creation. 

Alternatively, you can also comment below with your question and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@torobegone - Same as above. Please let us know how we can help. Thanks!

BobbGarland

Visitor

I love you guys so much

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@BobbGarland -  We love you too! Smiley Happy

Did you need help with anything? 

Danman

Visitor

Trying to get support help

angelag
Community Manager

(1044)

Hi @Danman,

I'm sorry to hear that you need help, but we're happy to do what we can. Don't forget to register for the Mozy Community and log into your account so we can better reply and assist you when you comment here. From there you can get help in the forums by creating a new topic.

If you have a paid account, you have options for contacting support. Please see this article to see what they are and how to access them: How do I contact Support?