Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
New from the Blog: Take a Tour of the Mozy Admin Console
Take a tour of the Mozy Admin Console in Part 1, Part 2: Users & Machines, Part 3: SubPartners & SubAdmins, Part 4: Resources and Billing, and the most recent installment, Part 5: Graphs & Reports.

Looking for Support?
Create a new post with your question and our community members and moderators will be happy to help answer it for you! Don't forget to register!
angelag
Community Manager

(799)

Self-Support Series Part 1: The Support Home Page

If you've ever logged into the Mozy Support page, you probably have noticed that there are a LOT of options. Let's try and simplify things and teach you what each one does, so you can better utilize the Mozy Support page in the future.

MozySupport.PNG

Navigating the Mozy Support Page

When you first access support.mozy.com the screen above is what you'll be presented with. Here's a run down of what your navigation options are from there, and why you'd need each one. Let's start at the top and work our way down.

Site Navigation

Located in the upper right-hand corner, the site navigation will change based on where you are on the site.

SupportSiteNav.PNG

• Sign In: Signing in here will log you into the Mozy Support page
  • Support: This will direct you back to the main Support page
  • Partner Portals: This directs the appropriate MozyPro/Reseller Partners to their portals
  • Country/Language: Allows you to change the language you are viewing the Support site in
  • Search Field: The search field in the upper right-hand corner will search the entire site for information

Site Navigation When Logged in

You'll notice that if you are already logged in, or after you log in, you have a few more options in the form of a drop down.

SupportSiteNav2.PNG

• My Files:This will take you to your Web Access page to see your files for restore
  • My Account: This will direct you to your Account Home (MozyHome) or Admin Console (MozyPro)
  • Support Portal: This will take you back to the Support Portal
  • My Support: This will take you to your specific Support options
  • Sign Out: Signs you out of the Mozy Support page

Navigation Tabs

You'll notice that there are also tabs just below that site navigation that will take you to other locations within Support. Some of those have a specific menu to navigate to more specific locations within those sections. Those include:

SupportNav.PNG

• Community: Takes you to the Mozy Community
    • New to Community: Takes you to a page that explains a bit more about the Mozy Community
    • Forum: Takes you to the Community Forums where you can interact with other users and Moderators
    • Tutorials: Takes you to the section of the Community dedicated to Tutorials, Webinars, and other walk-throughs
    • Idea Exchange: Takes you to separate Forums that are specifically for enhancement requests and sharing ideas
    • Blogs: Takes you to the Mozy Community Blogs
    • Member Leaderboard: Takes you to a list of active Community Members and some of their Community numbers
  • Knowledge Base: Takes you to a searchable Knowledge Base
  • Documentation: Takes you to the Mozy Support Documentation site navigation
  • My Support: Takes you to your specific Support options

Support Products

You can also tailor the Support site to fit your account type. To do so:

Supportproducts.PNG

1. Click on the drop-down arrow next to All Products
  2. Select the appropriate product from the drop-down
    • All Products: Allows the site to look through anything Mozy, regardless of what type of account
    • MozyHome: Narrows down the options and articles to only those regarding MozyHome
    • MozyPro: Narrows down the options and articles to only those regarding MozyPro
    • MozyEnterprise: Narrows down the options and articles to only those regarding MozyEnterprise

Support Topics

You'll find a section in the middle of the page with various topics for Support.

SupportTopics.PNG

• Getting Started: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles to help you get started Mozy (signing-up, choosing a plan, purchasing resources, etc.)
  • Setup: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles to help with the setup of Mozy (installing, configuring, etc.)
  • Billing: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles regarding billing (Changing your credit card, viewing billing history, etc.)
  • Restore: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles regarding restoring files (performing restores, troubleshooting, etc.)
  • Managing Account: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles regarding your account (moving computers, changing storage, etc.)
  • Back Up: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles regarding managing your backup (troubleshooting, scheduling, etc.)
  • Sync and Mobile: Takes you to a list of Tutorials and Knowledge Base articles regarding the Mozy Sync client and the mobile apps
  • Downloads: Takes you to a page with links to download the various Mozy products
  • Analyze Log: Takes you to the log analyzer where you can upload and analyze your own logs
  • Submit Idea: Takes you directly to a new topic creation page for the Idea Exchange

Contact Support Section

At the bottom of the page is a further section for contacting support.

ContactSupportSection.PNG

• The Next Generation of Mozy Button: Takes you to more information about Next Gen Mozy
  • Contact Support: Lists options for reaching out to Support, but will require log in
    • My Cases: Takes you to a history of your Support cases
    • Create a New Case: Takes you to the section where you can create a new case
    • My Support: Takes you to your personal Support section
  • Follow Mozy Support: Links to where you can find and follow Mozy Support on social media

I hope this helps you understand your options from the Support page, and you should definitely come back Wednesday when we'll go into further detail about some of the options you can access here for self-service Support as well. If you want a jump-start on that information, make sure to take a look at last week's webinar, in which Niall went over some of the basic things you need to know about checking your backups, troubleshooting common issues, and accessing Support.

Have a question or concern? Want to suggest an idea for a future blog post topic? Leave it in the comments below!

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(488)

@angelag - Awesome post!

The Mozy community is here to help with any questions you have about your account, backup or restore. Create a new post with your inquiry. Our community members and moderators are happy to help answer any question you may have!

Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(488)

For reference, all of our previous blogs and webinars can be found in the link below:

Mozy Blogs

Mozy Webinars

Enjoy!

inglorios

Visitor

Having some trouble registering in the community. Gives me a 404 error. Help!

inglorios

Visitor

Actually I might have gotten it now

ShawnL
Community Manager

(488)

@inglorios - Did you manage to get registered? I tested the registration and its working fine for me on Chrome, IE and Firefox. Let me know if you need help!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(488)

@inglorios - Did you manage to get registered? Let me know if you need any additional help or feel free to post your question below. We can always help you here in the community!

Thanks!

ShawnL
Community Manager

(488)

Part 2 and 3 of our Self Support series are now available! Follow the links below:

Self Support Series Part 2: How to Use the Log Analyzer to Diagnose Backup Issues

Self-Support Series Part 3: Navigating the Knowledge Base & Documentation

Please let us know if you have any questions!

JaredG

(470)

Always another great blog.  Thanks Angela

ShawnL
Community Manager

(488)

To our current and future visitors, you are currently able to post on blogs without registering, however we are unable to see your account details or email you with an update about your question or comment without being registered in the community. Please consider registering for the Mozy community before posting on a blog, especially if you have an urgent question. Registration is easy and the steps can be found in the link below:

Mozy Community Registration

Once registered, we can more easily access your account and backup information which will allow us answer your questions more accurately. In addition, we can easily create a support or billing case for you should we need to take the issue out of the forums. 

Thank you for using the Mozy community!