Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
angelag
Community Manager

(1054)

Removing Storage from Your Plan

Earlier this week we talked about how to add storage to your plan when your backup grows, but what if your needs change and you reduce the amount of files you're backing up? Never fear, you can remove storage or reduce your plan as well. Today we'll talk about how to lower your plan when your backup needs change.

Reducing your Online backup storage

Reducing Your Plan with MozyHome

If you're a MozyHome customer, follow these steps to reduce your plan.

ManageAccount.PNG

1. Log in at www.mozy.com/login
  2. Click on your name/username in the upper right-hand corner
  3. Select Manage Account from the drop down

ChooseRenewal.PNG

1. Click on My Plan from the Account Pages menu
  2. Click on Choose Renewal Plan

RenewalPlan.PNG

1. Change the plan to the new specifications you'll want
  2. Click Submit

The new plan changes will take effect on your next renewal date, which should show directly below the Submit button.

If you would like lower changes to take effect on your MozyHome account sooner than the next renewal date, please contact support for assistance. Keep in mind, if it's been more than 90 days since the charge went through for those resources, you may not be eligible for any refund or credit as per the Payments and Refunds Policy.

Reducing Your Plan with MozyPro

If you have a MozyPro account, please follow the steps in this article to reduce your plan.

1. Log in at www.mozy.com/login
  2. Click on Change Plan from the left hand menu under Resources
  3. Adjust your plan accordingly

The changes from your plan will take effect immediately. If you need assistance with changing your plan, or need to lower further than the plan will allow, you will want to reach out to your Sales Account Manager. Keep in mind, if it's been more than 90 days since the charge went through for those resources, you may not be eligible for any refund or credit as per the Payments and Refunds Policy.

Have any questions? Concerns? Recommendations for a future blog topic? Leave it in the comments below!

Don't forget to enter our current Community Contest for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

Comments
ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@angelag - Thanks for posting this Angie! 

Don't miss the previous blog: Adding Storage to your Plan

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

All of our previous blogs and webinars can be found in the link below:

Mozy Blogs

Mozy Webinars

Should you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

If you have a moment, check out the latest community contest and tell us your personal story of a time when Mozy was really there for you. We want to hear about that time you thought all was lost, but luckily you had Mozy backup to restore your files. Leave your personal story in the comments below for a chance to win. All you have to do is leave a comment on our Community Feedback Giveaway blog post to enter to win $50!

Community Contest

Thank you so very much for being an essential part of our Community.

JaredG

(581)

Thanks Angela for writing all these great blogs.

Just make sure that your storage is not in use by a computer on your account or you won't be able to return the storage until the storage is "released" after reducing a file selection and running another backup or by deleted the computer from off the account.

Just be careful when deleting computers from your account because once it's deleted there's no guarantee any of the data can be restored. 

GlendaWise

Visitor

If I remove storage from my plan before my renewal will I be refunded the difference?

JaredG

(581)

GlendaWise,

When returning storage on your account you are not automatically refunded or credited.  Any refunds for returned storage are considered on a case by case basis either by Mozy sales for Mozypro customers or by Mozy technical support for Mozyhome customers.

Please post any other questions or comments.

Thank you

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@GlendaWise - Let us know if you need a case created and we can get you in contact with support or sales or you can contact them yourself using the steps in the link below:

Contacting Support

Contacting Sales

Thanks!

Shawn

GlendaWise

Visitor

I submitted a case already but thank you

ShawnL
Community Manager

(565)

@GlendaWise

Great! Please let us know if you need any additional help but I'm sure our support folks will get your issue resolved. 

Thank you for using the Mozy forums!