Click to close the image preview

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels
Announcements
Latest from the Blog: How to Find Your Support ID
MozyPro customers who are looking for Phone Support will need their 9-digit Support ID in order to get through. Today's blog post covers the steps you need to take to find yours...

September's Webinar: User Groups: What are they good for?
This months webinar on 09/27 will look at User Groups: what they are, how to use them and how to get the most benefit from them for your organization. Register today!
zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

Mozy Log analyzer

Have you seen the new log analyzer? It's pretty neat.  Imagine that you are having an issue with your backup but it isn't clear what is going on? The Log Analyzer is here to help!

The log analyzer is pretty easy to use and can be a very good friend when you want to get your issue resolved quickly.  The web page for the analyzer gives you detailed instructions on how to get the log file and how to upload it to the analyzer, you can actually just drag the file to the analyzer, and then you will see the status of your backups and we provide recommended solutions to any problems we find.  The image is a sample of what it looks like.  Click on this link to get to the Log Analyzer web page.

log report.png

The Log Analyzer page does say, "All information provided by this tool is given in good faith. Mozy accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided by the Log Analyzer."  I feel like this is pretty reasonable considering you aren't actually working with a support agent, which usually can walk you through things and possibly give more specific details on the situation.  The Log Analyzer is great if you are in a hurry and don't want to have to spend the time opening a case or contacting support.  If it provide a solution to the issue, you are already on the support portal and can look at the knowledgebase, post to the discussion boards, create a case, or view our other available documentation.

If you have seen the Log Analyzer in action, please let us know! We are excited to hear your thoughts on it's performance.

Comments
Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(722)

@zachm does this Log Analyzer also work with Mozy Sync logs?   If not, is a Sync analyzer under development?  Interesting trouble shooting tool. Thanks. 

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(408)

Great question Mr. @Wayward !  At the moment, it does not support Mozy Sync logs.  But your post has started quite the discussion here in the office. I hope that it gets added in the near future. Do you even use the Client, or do you just use Sync?

You don't have to answer that.  Just seems like we have a good number of users that are Sync only at this point.

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(722)

@zachm , glad that my comment kicked off a discussion about an analyzer for Sync logs.  

Concerning your question about what Mozy services I use:   I'm an active user of both Mozy Backup and Mozy Sync with a 50GB Mozy Home account.  Both are stable running tools for me but I tend to have more reason to analyze a Sync log than a Backup log.  During the Stash Beta period, I sent more "help me please" Stash Beta logs to support and development folks than backup logs. 

The Stash development items were well covered before the Mozy Sync (non-Beta) release, but having a Sync analyze tool seems to be a logical addition to the support tools.

Curmudge...

Villager

(0)

I have to say, I'm underwhelmed. It seems to provide even less data than I get by just opening up Mozy and looking at the history tab.

I even had an error 2 backups ago and it just had the same information as the history. Can you  explain what it's good for?

And worse I had to wait 5 minutes for the giant file to upload.

It's not that I don't love Mozy, I do, but I don't get this.

Ira

TerribleTs
Villager

(0)

I just tried the Log Analyzer and the instructions say to look for the log file in C:\Program Files\MozyHome\Data\  .  But I am running 64 bit Windows 7 and I found the current log file in   C:\Program Files (x86)\MozyHome\Data\  .

Terrible Ts

Willyv
Villager

(0)

The Log Analyzer is easy to use but there doesn't seem to be a lot of added value compared to the History tab, apart from a slightly easier access to error message explanations. These are however available through the history as well by clicking on them.

As of now this looks more like a reporting tool than an analysis tool.

Willy

I like the Log Analyzer. I have not had many problems but this looks like a good way to track and trend a hard to find problem.

Escapenrv

Kernel40
Villager

(0)

Thanks for the information, the log viewer is useful.

Kernel.

Shaker
Elite Level 1

(14)

Had no idea this tool was available until tonight.  Seems like a valuable tool to me.  I will definitely check it out.

n5dww
Villager

(0)

I can not get analyzer to accept any files that are suggested in the data directory. There is no mozy.log file only a mozy file which the analyzer says that it isnt a valid log file. anay ideas?

Bob

Jaxx

Visitor

Okay I just checked out the analyzer, and I do not understand what it is supposed to do that is so great.  I know way too little about how my computer works, but when I simply open the Mozy program and click on history it tells me a lot more than the analyzer did.  Am I missing something??   Jaxx