Threads Date
Which board should I ... 08-17-2017
Cannot back up 08-14-2017
install errors 08-14-2017
File access 08-13-2017
Internet Explorer Fav... 08-12-2017
Labels
Announcements
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell us a personal story of a time when Mozy really helped you out. Did you think all was lost but found Mozy had what you needed? Did it "save your bacon" so-to-speak? Check out the latest blog for details on how to enter for a chance to win!

Latest Blog: How to Set Up Multiple Log-Ins for Your Account
Want to set up multiple sets of credentials so different people in your office/home can log in to your account? Check out today's blog for more information on what you need and how to do it...
zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

Mozy Community Registration Promotion AGAIN?!

This promotion is now over. Thank you for participating.

Are you a Mozy Home Free customer that needs more storage but already referred all of your friends? Are you a Mozy Home customer that would like a free month of backup?

Well now referrals aren't the only way to get free storage!  Back by popular demand!!!  For the next eight weeks we are running a promotion in the community.

It's very easy. If you register for an account in the community we will add 256MB of storage to your Mozy Home Free account. The storage will be added at the end of the promotional period. Once you register for a community membership then you can make a comment on this blog article for an additional 256MB of storage. It doesn't end there though. Make a post in our idea exchange, comment on another blog, start a thread or comment on a thread and we will give you and additional 256MB of storage per post. The maximum storage provided will be 1GB, so that means if you register for a membership in the community, post on this blog and then write two other posts elsewhere in the community, you will get a total of 1GB additional storage.

We know there are already quite a few members of the community with Mozy Home Free accounts so we are extending this offer to you as well. Simply comment below and we will be happy to apply the storage to your account after the promotion ends. You may also write up to an additional three posts throughout the community to get a total of 1GB of additional storage.

We don't want to leave out our Mozy Home paid customers during this promotion so if you register for a community account and then make a comment below, we will extend your account one month for free. The total I can give is one month of free service so simply register and post below. But please feel free to use the general discussion boards if you have questions about Mozy or need assistance.

If anyone has support related questions then please post them on the appropriate board. This board is simply so I can track the members of the community that want to be involved in this promotion. We will be holding a few contests and promotions this year so stay tuned. If you are a reseller, please don't think we forgot about you! We have a contest just for you!  If anyone has any questions for me about this promotion then please post them below or send me a Private Message. I'll get back to you as quick as possible. This promotion doesn't have many rules but please be considerate of the Community Guidelines and don't forget to check out the New to the Community section.

If you need assistance, please create a post in one of the numerous forum discussion boards.  Afterall, that is why we are having this promotion!

This promotion is now over. Thank you for participating.

Comments
Daeruin
Villager

(2)

Sweet! I won't turn down a month of free service. I've really enjoyed Mozy so far.

Thanks.

DrBB01
Cook

(2)

Thanks for the additional free storage!

ibear
Elite Level 2

(14)

Thank you Mozy for your years of usefulness and the improvements to the interface and speed over time.  you're an integral part of my back up process.  PS, add "Mozy" to the spell check on this input box...

HighTech67
Warrior

(5)

Nice promotion. Extra space is always nice!
normalsa...

Warrior

(4)

Thanks!  The way auto cloud backup should work.

Jeanne
Sensei Level 2

(29)

Thanks so much, Mozy.  I love Mozy and have recommended it to several friends.  One opened a Mozy account.  I'll keep trying to bring in new members.

Jeanne

Techalder

(269)

We are glad that you like us.  

In case you haven't seen this, some of our staff slapped together this little ditty a couple of years ago for youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsqIXL26C0

Cheesy, but enjoy   :-)

Tech

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(689)

@  Techalder ... yep.  Perhaps a "little" cheesy but interesting.  Thanks for re-posting the video.   Am I right to assume those are Mozy folks playing the role of the Saved Bacon backup users??  Smiley Wink

Techalder

(269)

Between you, me, and a fence post....... no comment    ;-)

Tech  :-)

Hooray for free storage!

hayub
Villager

(0)

Thanks for the reminder. A great service. backup without the headache of remembering.

Mojojee
Spy

(2)

I also am happy to be included on this free space deal. I still need to ask some questions about how Mozy works and how to use it to best effect. Should I send those questions to you Zach? Simple stuff, but coordinating a 'call back' for my freebie did not work timing-wise. Thanks for this great service!

Rich57
Sensei Level 1

(31)

Mozy Home Free is great. I still have the basic 2GB storage but have tailored my backup accordingly. I have used the Restore function for a few files which I misplaced when re-installing my OS at New Year.

zachm
Admin Emeritus

(402)

@Mojojee You don't need to ask me any questions.  Simply ask them to the community! That is what it is here for! As you can see, there are plenty of great people willing to offer you tips, advice and assistance.  And if that doesn't help, there are technicians scattered about that keep an eye on things that could also answer your questions.

@Wayward if you watch the video again pay close attention to the credits at the end. I think that is a great video, but like @Techalder implied, we can neither confirm nor deny the identity of the bacon savers and savees in the video.

Wayward
Overlord Level 1

(689)

@zachm ... Yes .... I did check the credits and that's where I came to suspect the undeniable "in video" involvement of Mozy folks.  I particularly like the disclaimer part about the video being based on "actual events that never really happened."  That was another strong hint.  I expect no confirmation.    Smiley Indifferent

SethS
Student

(1)

Like many, I have a paid MozyHome subscription and am registered in the Mozy community. A free month would be great! Thank you

skeptict
Villager

(0)

Thanks for the free storage!

Quincy
Villager

(1)

kbrauner, thanks for the acknowledgement!

Quincy.

Quincy
Villager

(1)

Mozy rules!

Quincy
Villager

(1)

Fortunately I haven't had any major crashes that caused a loss of data. I have had Mozy bail me out a few times when I accidentally corrupted my Quicken history file and restored my backup off of Mozy.

ghr1962
Villager

(0)

I have used Mozy for years and got my kids to use it also.  It saved my daughter a lot of time after her computer crashed.  She redownloaded Mozy and restored her files.  It was a big help.  Thank you.

nippke
Cook

(0)

I am ever grateful for my Mozy Free Home account.  A couple of months ago, I broke my hard drive.  When my new one arrived and was formatted, I was able to download all my files and photos within a few minutes.  I was confident my files were safe and that i would be able to retrieve them easily.  I often recommend Mozy to others, and we use it at work too.  Thanks for a great product and service.

Grandma
Villager

(0)

Thank you for the extra storage.

LB2000
Cook

(0)

Thanks again for more storage.

bjkeefe
Spy

(0)

Thanks for the (additional) free space!

cmr
Student

(0)

Thank you mozy!

cherold
Cook

(0)

Sounds good!

BlueHawk
Cook

(0)

Thanks. I regularly refer friends and family to Mozy!

Strickie
Villager

(0)

I really like the whole Mozy experience.

Great work guys!

Been a user for years.